Review SHOWDOWN 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the local shopping centre today and it was Spewville Central. Cows supporters bedecked in their fruit tingle guernseys. Funny thing they all looked brand new and smelt of mothballs, as if the gear only came out of storage. I had my Power cap on as I always do and thankfully no one passed any comment.

* the Cows, * Ken Hinkley, * David Koch they can all get ****ed. That changes nothing but it makes me feel a little better.
It’s been weird like that. Know a lot of Crows supporters but no smart ass comments.

The thing that annoys me the most is that it's not a talent issue, it's a system, structure, coaching issue. We have overwhelming evidence that our game plan will lose more often than not again that game style. If you're playing us, make it a contested game with numbers back and slingshot the ball forward and happy days you're on your way to victory. You only had to watch the Maggie's yesterday to see that the Crows played with that same system/structure and tore us apart. I'm extremely concerned if Josh Carr has the same philosophies, we'll get the same results. He ideally becomes interim coach at some point this year, so we can discern any change, if note we go to the market and get the best coach available.
No way would I appoint anyone from inside NO WAY

And this is where they get us, we only have Dixon that can take a contested grab in a tight forward line. Georgiadies needs space to run and jump. Marshall never marks in contests, just gets hands to it and drops them.

Then they kick to the HFF and they mark easy in some 1:1.
Todd Marshall, Christ I could run off him.he has been non competitive for weeks but there is zero accountability.

TODD MARSHALL NBA JAM DEFENDER STATIONARY JUMP

200w (4).gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season over. I actually went to that shitshow last night. I'm mentally cooked from this club. I've had enough.
Hey kudos to you for having the bravery or stupidity, not sure which one, to invest your emotions despite the overwhelming evidence that we aren't going anywhere without change. Part of me wishes I was that brave, but I just can't take that disappointment anymore. I care too much about this club to accept, invest emotion and keep watching us repeat the same thing over and over, and expect a different result.

All I do now is watch with a frustrated and negative disposition, because all I can see are all the failures of these coaches to train the absolute basics into our players, and the failure to establish a gameplan that is based on maximising skill rather than maximising chaos, which we've seen can be blunted so easily.

Last edited:
Didn't donuts say he ignored medical advice and risked a young bloke's career for personal gain anyway?

He'd better not play this week. As if it matters...
He said he shouldn’t have let him play and that ultimately he’s in charge. This is the problem with a young captain, Rozee did all the tests and was medically approved maybe an older head would have said he’d sit the week out and give someone else an opportunity.

I’m sick of seeing Mead as the sub week after week. The irony of sitting a club greats son on the bench in a showdown. Darren Mead was a star in the first ever showdown and there’s his son watching Rozee contemplate whether he’s going to go back on for 15 minutes on and off the bike…I know Mead isn’t at the same level but each week must be slowly killing his confidence.

Chris Davies is overrated. Talent isn't there.

Koch doesn't hurt when we lose so he doesn't care

Ken is tactically devoid

We have no draft picks, we're heading towards a cliff in 3-4 years that is going to be monumentally worse than what West Coast suffered through last year and North in the past 4 years
Agreed with this

this side is not ready for a grand final, we need a genuine KPF and KPD.

we have zero draft picks it’s gonna be a rough few years.

we need hard brute players this side is full of weak boys

Haven’t won a Showdown without Robbie Gray in the lineup since Round 3, 2013.

Very normal for a ‘contender’ with ‘the best list ever’ against a crosstown rival that can barely beat an egg otherwise.

1714734697545.png

Even though I watched the game, I must have had PTSD, because I barely remember the fact that we kicked

E I G H T E E N ******* P O I N T S, to go with our pitiful 5 goals. Oh, brother.

18, count 'em

Hey kudos to you for having the bravery or stupidity, not sure which one, to invest your emotions despite the overwhelming evidence that we aren't going anywhere without change. Part of me wishes I was that brave, but I just can't take that disappointment anymore. I care too much about this club to accept, invest emotion and keep watching us repeat the same thing over and over, and expect a different result.

All I do now is watch with a frustrated and negative disposition, because all I can see are all the failures of these coaches to train the absolute basics into our players, and the failure to establish a gameplan that is based on maximising skill rather than maximising chaos, which we've seen can be blunted so easily.

It’s like in that movie Billy Madison where they talk about being in loser denial, that’s been me, I deep down know we are stuffed but I’ve been in loser denial.

But the lacrosse team stuck a parking cone up my arse last night, so I’m no longer in loser denial.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My only positive was Hinkley presser mentioning the poor quality of our opportunities on goal, highlighting that we had our shots from difficult spots in the forward 50. Like finally noticing that it is something…..whether he tries to change it or not remains to be seen
Mate, that's been the way for ******* YEARS NOW. Bomb it long to the pocket or on top of Dixons head. There is no other way. No offense but you're an absolute imbecile if you have any hope that he's going to change that up now, 12 years in to his reign of terror

The match up of the year - Ben Keays v lachie jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back