Smith - 189cm (6'2)

vs

Dixon - 200cm (6'6)
Marshall - 198cm (6'5)
Georgiades - 192cm (6'3)
Byrne-Jones - 181cm (5'11)
McEntee - 176cm (5'8)
Rioli - 175cm (5'8)

But according to Adelaide fans they've finally got the balance right? Weird.

So
yesterday you're implying the crows have gone in too tall in defence. But now we've gone in too short.
I mean it's not like we all saw this result regardless of selections. Guarantee you that Finlayson puts up a similar impact to Marshall if he plays tonight.
Standard Janus. He's been wrong so many times I skip over his posts.

Nah Houston was choosing when he was part of the band. He has his whole career. He’s not a hardened footballer and he should be at his age. I still blame the coach/s for letting him and everyone else get away with it.
Do we have any hardened footballers (Butters)? This is our current culture. They can't all be naturally weak as.

In a tipping comp with family. Spoke with dad not long before kick off.

“Not sure about this one dad. We aren’t good in big games.”

“Doesn’t matter mate, can’t let the crows gang know we don’t believe even if they do win.”

I stuck fat and tipped port. Not out of thinking we would win but out of respect for my dad and didn’t want to leave him on his own.

But what happened to that attitude with our club? My dad is 72, he’s been through the wringer with health issues and he’s still more passionate than anyone running our club.

I hope when this regime is gone we can find that passion/aggression/ mongrel my dad and older folk of Port are familiar with and I hear about. I’m too young to have experienced it and it’s seeming like a myth to me.
It's definitely not a myth. We won so many flags with players that were no better than the opposition but our team was always tougher, more committed & had way more belief. To watch us under Hinkley from 2015 onwards (except covid years) has been soul destroying. I tipped the Crows coz I tip to win.

A lot is being made of our goal kicking and inaccuracy. But to me it felt like a lot of our points were essentially rushed / pressured behinds or misses from beyond 50 or long range. So I’m much more critical on the way we set up forward and entered our forward line than the kick on goal. They found targets all night uncontested near the goal square. We had a heavily congested forward line with six forwards who got into poor position to mark or win the ball and were beaten by their opponents.
100%

I still can't compute the amount of time and space Tex found himself in at times in the showdown, honestly you'd struggle to get that in an ammo game.

Agree; the dearth of goals is caused by the game plan to bang it long with players instructed not to lead.
The opposition know the flawed game plan and flood the backline leaving little room for any forward craft.

Where Port forward pressure exacerbates the clogged, crowded forward line leaving them exposed with no cover for the so predicable frequent sling shots.

This is why I don't quite get the criticism of Marshall and to a lesser extent, Georgiades.

Dixon gets targeted so frequently, basically overtargeted, that it doesn't surprise me when Marshall or Mitch get a bit complacent and moody. Marshall could be leading down the guts but Charlie will get it bombed into him.

We are just so easy to defend because the opposition knows our gameplan.

Dixon is a very good contested mark but not to the point where it wins games and as stated, he is not the best set shot at goal so a lot of good marking is let down in conversion.

And to add to this point, you would think we would have 3 crumbing small forwards at the feet of Dixon. Nut. Only Rioli with two defensive types.
Dixon is not targeted, the plan is to bang it long with players instructed not to lead.

Where they hope to then keep the ball in the forwarded line with their high press leaving them exposed with no cover for
he so predicable frequent sling shots.

Has anyone else lost interest in even watching port play anymore? like that spark or care factor is gone. watching us play this year has been depressing
I actively sit there hoping we lose. And get slightly flat when we don't, aka the Freo game. That's about as bad as it gets, given I spend $1000.00 a year on two memberships.

Dixon is not targeted, the plan is to bang it long with players instructed not to lead.

Where they hope to then keep the ball in the forwarded line with their high press leaving them exposed with no cover for
he so predicable frequent sling shots.
You mean our forward gameplan of Kenny's Kluster aka "Bomb it to Charlie".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows playing the showdown on the big screen with music cranking at training today. Pretty lame, but It's amazing in an era where we haven't finished below them for 7 years that they've had so much party time against us.

Crows playing the showdown on the big screen with music cranking at training today. Pretty lame, but It's amazing in an era where we haven't finished below them for 7 years that they've had so much party time against us.

I mean it's not a coincidence, because they're so bad they deliberately build these games up as their grand final. The fact that we don't step it up to match them is on us.

luke hodge raised some good points about our defense and how easy it is to score against us

Genuine question - have we heard from any of the Hinkley apologists in here this week? Just wondering what their reason for this unacceptable performance is.
Aside from thundercloud, are there any left?

Does anyone have Richos email address.
Won’t do s**t, but I want to email him in a couple of days when I’ve cooled down and taken the emotion out of it

Did you end up sending it? I've gone the other way, last weeks game was so predictable i was virtually laughing during and straight after the game. But as the week has gone on I've got to the point i need to voice my frustration so have drafted a fairly length email highlighting the 3 key areas of my dissatisfaction (there were plenty more but as i said it was getting quite lengthy) that I'm probably going to send this afternoon.

Did you end up sending it? I've gone the other way, last weeks game was so predictable i was virtually laughing during and straight after the game. But as the week has gone on I've got to the point i need to voice my frustration so have drafted a fairly length email highlighting the 3 key areas of my dissatisfaction (there were plenty more but as i said it was getting quite lengthy) that I'm probably going to send this afternoon.
I want to send an email to the spud Richardson as well. Can you please post his email address or pm it to me.

Nope. cbf
Talked the talk but didn’t walk the walk, just like port Adelaide 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back