Showdown at Adelaide Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro is even irrelevant on footy classified. They all talk over her. Maybe trying to stop her saying something stupid again. I can see her being dropped from the show.
Imo footy classified is irrelevant.

Marshall will cop mounting pressure over the next couple of weeks .....even Caro was saying she expects the Crows to FIFO by R3

Big Talk by Marshall, but he's really small fry ......the Feds are persuasive with Fed funding projects .....and the National Cabinet wants Borders to open

It will happen

I agree. I have camping spot booked in Riverland for July 1 so I am counting on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anything more irrelevant than a Labor opposition at the moment?

You barely see Albo on the news anymore and I couldn’t tell you who the NSW opposition Labor leader is. Not seeing that dumb arse Plebersik has been a blessing.

It's such a shame that a government values health first and foremost.:rolleyes:

There’s about 500 active cases in the entire country of 25 million. Do you really think opening the borders is going to see all of them break quarantine and visit SA and cause a massive spike in infections???

That's the People Republic of Victoria for you, Andrews was taking advice from the teachers union about when kids should go back to school instead of his health department.

Mind you with how bad his health department handled their testing, the meat works outbreak and how busy they were making political comments I guess he was justified.

Andrews has always been a union puppet.

We are relaxing restrictions.... just not border controls so we don't get outbreaks from people bringing it from states like Victoria where it isn't under control. Another uncontrolled outbreak potentially means going back into lockdown. No restrictions internally and border controls makes that very unlikely. It's not hard to understand

So SA will keep the borders closed until there are zero active cases for 3 months in every other state? Best of luck with that, by then you may as well pack up and leave because the state will be completely f—ed

I feel it's only fair that we play the showdown in Adelaide in round 2 with no crowd
1. Both clubs stay in their 'home state's longer which is currently corona free. (Mind blowing people can't grasp this) easily move to Northern hub for rounds 3-7 if we want/need to
2. If crowds are allowed and one team is the home team, all their fans get to go sit in their regular seat and the others have to buy and extra ticket to go?? That's crap, and a massive advantage to the home team.
3. Can you imagine the explosions in the crowd between supporters if things don't go their way? it's bad enough at a regular showdown! With this being the only one for the year some nuffies will go nuts. It's a safety concerns, and we do not need another scandal.
4. Port want to wear their heritage strip for their celebration of 150th year or whatever, it's already been a disaster but having to do it on the Gold coast whilst laughable it doesn't sit right with me, the AFL would hurdle over anything to let Richmond do what they'd want if in the same situation.

That will depend entirely upon on the level of idiocy in Victoria and NSW, so probably no. SA will open up to the SA population soon. Whether that means they'll open the borders, Who knows?
I'm sure we will open the Borders to WA, NT, QLD. that's because all 4 states have it under control. NSW and Vic will remain in quarantine until they are cleared. You don't let everyone out of quarantine because most are clear. Funny how the 2 in the thread arguing for opening the borders live in Vic and NSW yet everyone else wants to keep the borders shut. You are unclean and will be treated as lepers. you are not welcome here.

Actually glad the Showdown is in Round 2.

Can you imagine the s**t show if the game was later in the year when crowds may have been allowed. Would it be classified as a Port game so only it’s supporters could go or would you have crowd split 50/50. Would have been a ticketing nightmare and given it is their 150,000th year they would have felt they were entitled to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually glad the Showdown is in Round 2.

Can you imagine the s**t show if the game was later in the year when crowds may have been allowed. Would it be classified as a Port game so only it’s supporters could go or would you have crowd split 50/50. Would have been a ticketing nightmare and given it is their 150,000th year they would have felt they were entitled to it.
Were going to cop a hiding anyway, may as well rip the bandaide off now

Were going to cop a hiding anyway, may as well rip the bandaide off now

We are going to be thrashed.

Marshall and his office seem invested in getting the best for the AFL clubs. I don't think it is making him as popular as he thinks but I think it will happen. To be honest he is a lightweight so he is happy to be in the media talking AFL rather some of the other more complex issues.

I'm sure we will open the Borders to WA, NT, QLD. that's because all 4 states have it under control. NSW and Vic will remain in quarantine until they are cleared. You don't let everyone out of quarantine because most are clear. Funny how the 2 in the thread arguing for opening the borders live in Vic and NSW yet everyone else wants to keep the borders shut. You are unclean and will be treated as lepers. you are not welcome here.
Probably because we're more in tune with the real world and the balance of probability, health & economics .....Sth Aust's is the last economy that can afford to shut down the longest .....and by that I'm saying, closing the doors to tourism and aust interstate traffic

Probably because we're more in tune with the real world and the balance of probability, health & economics .....Sth Aust's is the last economy that can afford to shut down the longest .....and by that I'm saying, closing the doors to tourism and aust interstate traffic
We don't get big numbers of tourists in SA during winter, and a lot of interstate business is being done on line, plus domestic travel is problematic at the moment. Opening the borders is therefore not a huge priority for now, but I would still do so for the low/non Covid states. Even outward travel to other states, which benefits them more than us, would be small in the current climate.

Opening the local economy is a much bigger priority and is being done. albeit too slowly given we are basically Covid free.

Well there is your proof, 1st case in 19 days, Traveler from Victoria with special exemption to enter the state tested positive, luckily was self isolating so should be contained. Our businesses are due to open soon. A much bigger hit to our economy would be an outbreak that stops this from happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back