Preview Showdown Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Fyfe get 32 possessions, 19 of which contested, 7 clearances, 5 inside 50's and going at nearly 80%DE?

Cause thats pretty much the polar opposite of what i'm trying to achieve with SPP here!

CEY's first half on Cunnington is what i'm wanting. Give me that, but unlike the North game, also have the other 21 Crows players rock up!
Different quality of player.

Did Fyfe hurt us?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"IF you haven't realized I'm a complete moron
THEN let me suggest another moronic idea to make it all clearer for you"

Seriously, playing a Showdown at the MCG is one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard.
Why would it need to be at the MCG ffs? Just give it prime time viewing as it should.

Seriously, playing a Showdown at the MCG is one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard.

Indeed: they're just jealous they can't pop over to the MCG and watch it live. It's reached the status of an "AFL event".
If were ever to happen, then the reverse should become a thing, i.e., the GF should go to AO if an Adelaide side is the home side.

Different quality of player.

Did Fyfe hurt us?
Well firstly, Fyfe was close to best on ground for them, in a game we barely won. So he was certainly not without value too them!

But more importantly, I don't think you are understanding the point. By losing Wines the contested work falls largely on SPP's shoulders, and by paying close attention to him at the stoppages we may be able to severely hamper their ability to feed the ball out too Rockliff and Boak. Which in turn will go a long way to negating Boak who is the only real classy user in that midfield unit!

Win the midfield in a showdown and you go a Looooong way to winning the game!

Last edited:

Not only does he fail to understand the concept of "Sliding Doors", but he also.fails to understand what makes thus rivalry so great is that we are a two team town and most of the supporters of both teams live here in Adelaide.

Not only does he fail to understand the concept of "Sliding Doors", but he also.fails to understand what makes thus rivalry so great is that we are a two team town and most of the supporters of both teams live here in Adelaide.

The only way a Showdown in Melbourne would work is because if it happened to be a grand final.

Even then, the exodus of fans from SA to Victoria for the game is what will make the game a classic and epic encounter.

I actually dont think either supporter base could cope with losing a GF. Glory be. I would hope we have had at least won a GF before a Showdown GF ever happens.

How can you get something so right and so wrong at the same time.

These f-wits need to get over their Vic obsession. The mindset that for a game to be a top level spectacle it needs to be at the MCG is so stupid it almost defies words. Showdown, AO cauldron packed to the brim, Friday night. Ne need for the shitty MCG (unless it's a GF).

1 point win will do for me.
The only way I want a 1 point win is if we're up by 7 when the siren goes and they kick one after the siren. I don't think my heart can't handle another Showdown decided by less than a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would actually have to have part of your brain missing to suggest playing two teams from one city against each other in a completely different city

Last time I saw Kane Farrell he appeared in a Showdown to kick 3 goals in a quarter - haven’t heard of him since.

Now I see he’s fronting up to tomorrow for another crack at the Sam Kerridge medal
It is such a typical Port ploy. They've thrown in last-gasp-Motlop. It's a wonder they haven't rookied one-bounce-Monfries just so he can play the showdown.

The only way I want a 1 point win is if we're up by 7 when the siren goes and they kick one after the siren. I don't think my heart can't handle another Showdown decided by less than a goal.

Given its a Power home game, Im fine with us being down by 5pts and Betts kicking a goal after the siren from the North-East pocket to seal the win.

I can get drunk on their salty tears all night.

It is such a typical Port ploy. They've thrown in last-gasp-Motlop. It's a wonder they haven't rookied one-bounce-Monfries just so he can play the showdown.

Thats why they have those potatoes in the team like Motlop and SGray to do their once a year miracle goal.

No. My heart would have stopped long before the end. Crows by a comfortable 19+ thank you.
I've been annoyingly impressed with how Port came out the blocks this season, but I did watch a lot of that Collingwood game and the skills were still below par.

When Collingwood kept possession they looked a clear step above, and were almost toying with them at stages. I think if we get on top in the midfield and then play possession footy we win by 24+. If we let them turn it into a another slopfest then it will be a grind too the final siren, and we may run out of legs after a short week from that grueling Freo game!

The first quarter is going to be vital too get on top mentally IMO.

I've really been annoyingly impressed with how Port came out the blocks this season, but I did watch a lot of that Collingwood game and the skills were still below par.

When Collingwood kept possession they looked a clear step above, and were almost toying with them at stages. I think if we get on top in the midfield and then play possession footy we win by 24+. If we let them turn it into a another slopfest then it will be a grind too the final siren, and we may run out of legs after a short week from that grueling Freo game!

The first quarter is going to be vital too get on top mentally IMO.

Port have shown you break them in the first and they wont come back.

They may have outscored the Pies after quarter time, but the Pies coasted to a win. The damage was done in that first quarter.

I've really been annoyingly impressed with how Port came out the blocks this season, but I did watch a lot of that Collingwood game and the skills were still below par.

When Collingwood kept possession they looked a clear step above, and were almost toying with them at stages. I think if we get on top in the midfield and then play possession footy we win by 24+. If we let them turn it into a another slopfest then it will be a grind too the final siren, and we may lose the legs after that Freo game!

The first quarter is going to be vital too get on top mentally IMO
I don't think we run out of legs after the Freo game. You'd expect the training sessions to be tailored to suit a 6 day break as well as it being after a slog of a game. The good thing is it wasn't a wet game so our legs should be primed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back