carb70

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tampa Bay, Liverpool
You guys have been quiet about the game this week. How do you rate the Crows chances?. Do you give them any chance of winning?. If so how are the Crows going to beat Port?.

Personally I think Port will do you Crows supporters a huge favour this week by ending those false hopes you had of making the finals. I believe we will have too many scoring options. Our midfield will be too strong especially with Primus giving 1st use of the ball to our onballers. My only concerns will be Jarman and Vardy. If Vardy start to play well then I can see Wanganeen going onto him but I can't see a player who can stop Jarman if he starts to dominate, bad luck Wilson is out with a knee injury.

Anyway it should be a good game. I'm tipping Port by 85 points.:D

85 pts?? pfft you are a ******** :D

Nah but seriously now......

If Roo, Mcleod and Goodwin can fire, Jarman kick his 5-6, Vardy chip in, Welsh play like he did last week, we are a chance.

We are a more skilful team, yous are faster, interesting

My main worry is Wanganeen, he absolutely ripped us apart last showdown, and who can forget that prick CCC!

Stevens will dismantle Tredrea :)

Most importantly is if the crows believe they can win, will they be intimidated???....I think not

Crows by 64 pts ;)

Yep, that sounds about right Carb, 85 points :D

I'm hoping Clarke will in some way dull the influence of Primus, maybe he'll have an off day, pleeeeasee :) Then I think our midfield will be in with a chance, we have enough class there, we just need to perform. We have to shut Francou and Stevens down somehow, it'll be tough but hopefully we can do it.

Your smaller forwards will be especially dangerous, I don't fancy Tredrea or Cornesy tearing us apart but CCC, Wangas, Guerra, Dew, etc. can all kill us at ground level, we'll have to watch that.

As for our forward line, we'll have to get it in quick, and Vards and Jars are a chance to kick some goals. (Jars might actually have a good game with Wilson out, first thing I thought about when I heard he'd done his knee) I think Burton could be a bit of a wildcard as well, in his couple of games back he's been out of touch but I hope he explodes this week.

We'd need our guns to fire and for Wangas, Tredders, Dewy and Primus to somehow have an off day and we could snatch it. I'm hoping for some sort of let down for the Power after their big win last week and for the Crows, our last big game at Footy Park we lost miserably. I'm hoping we'll be committed to turn that around. We need a lot of things to go our way and then maybe we're a chance, but I don't fancy they all will. Port by 45 points. :(

Ant, this is a serious question..

Have you ever said the crows are a chance in their upcoming game??? :D

Seriously, no I haven't, I'm yet to tip us this year QT, I don't want to jinx things. The last time I went confident into a game was the 1998 final against Melbourne, thought we were certainties that day. I apologise for that, I've learnt me lesson and since then I've faithfully never given us a chance in any game. The things I do for the Crows.......

Now a serious question for you QT, have you ever tipped the Crows by less than 10 goals?? :)

Ill stick me neck out

Your'e right Carb; very quiet
Ill stick my neck out and say we will win, but Im not confident.

I reckon Clarke( If he plays...coz he never trained agin tonite) will match Primus in the centre but Biglands will have to look after him at the throw ins.
Is rain forecast?:cool:

The Crows DO have their backs against the wall. Thats one of two plusses I can find.
The other is D Jarman.

:mad:

Last time we played, we didn't have Burton, Jarman and Johnson. And I reckon Port have chosen a taller side with Wakelin, Brogan and Bishop on the intrechange bench and with the conditions forecast I am not sure that is the right way to go. Less running players than before for Port so I give the boys a chance. In addition, the other footy results for the weekend have gone the Crows way, so if they are good enough they will be back in the eight by the end of Sunday. And if they do lose, it won't be the end of the world. Hang in there fellas.

Originally posted by bluecrow

If Jars plays on Wangeneen, I think that is one match up we should have an advantage in. If the midfield can pinpoint Jars, and Jars holds marks, Port will find it tough.

bluecrow, I have followed Wangas career ever since he played for Port as a 17 year old and I also lived in Melbourne for most of his career with Essendon, so I have seen him play a lot of footy and til this day I have never seen Wanganeen beaten. Personally I don't think he will play on Jarman, I think Poulton or Kingsley will get that job but if Wangas did play on Jarman, Jarman would be lucky to get a kick.

If Wanganeen fitness level was better I would love to see him play on Mcleod. That would be a great battle to watch as they are both class players.

Originally posted by kirky
Last time we played, we didn't have Burton, Jarman and Johnson. And I reckon Port have chosen a taller side with Wakelin, Brogan and Bishop on the intrechange bench and with the conditions forecast I am not sure that is the right way to go. Less running players than before for Port so I give the boys a chance. In addition, the other footy results for the weekend have gone the Crows way, so if they are good enough they will be back in the eight by the end of Sunday. And if they do lose, it won't be the end of the world. Hang in there fellas.

I agree with you Kirky. Port have gone too tall. The Crows don't really have a tall foward line so I can't see why they named Bishop in the team. I can't see who Wakelin is going to match up on either. I personally would of dropped Brogan and Bishop and picked French who has been playing well for Sturt as the back up for Primus in ruck and I would of also picked Kane Cornes as a smaller running player. Hopefully the rain will be gone by the time the games starts anyway.

Originally posted by QT
85 pts?? pfft you are a ******** :D

Nah but seriously now......

If Roo, Mcleod and Goodwin can fire, Jarman kick his 5-6, Vardy chip in, Welsh play like he did last week, we are a chance.

We are a more skilful team, yous are faster, interesting

My main worry is Wanganeen, he absolutely ripped us apart last showdown, and who can forget that prick CCC!

Stevens will dismantle Tredrea :)

Most importantly is if the crows believe they can win, will they be intimidated???....I think not

Crows by 64 pts ;)

Sorry QT, I can't agree with your statement that the Crows are a more skillful team. Port skills are a lot more better than the Crows we have lots of players who always find team mates with their acurate kicking e.g Stevens, Francis and Dew are some of the best and most acurate kicks in the AFL. I think the fact that the Crows enter their 50m area more than most teams in the AFL and yet have a very poor converstion rate proves their skill aren't as good as they should be.

Also the only way Stevens will stop Tredrea is if he comes on the field with a sledge hammer.:)

Anyway I like your confidence, hope it turns out to be a classic game.

The Crows have a chance if they pretend its a Grand Final!!! Look how they fooled the critics in 97 and 98 when they were written off. One thing they've got going for them is that they're wearing the white shorts, so they can pretend they're playing in Melbourne!

Watch out for Cocky Collins - he always does well against the Crows, and if they put Smart on him, the Crows are gone for all money.

Our one hope is that the Power boys are stuffed after the game against Essendon. Otherwise, they are hungrier and more switched on than the Crows.

My prediction is an 8 - 10 goal win to the Power, but my tipping has been **** this weekend so hopefully I'll be wrong again.

:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back