Preview Showdown Zzz 4ish, Saturday @Adelaide Oval, tickets probably available.

Remove this Banner Ad

702585 v 702586

OK, here it is, the least anticipated Showdown of all time! Showdown Zzz!

The Primary Colours versus the Greys, that combination for the ages as two mid table (and pretty mediocre) teams vie to be slightly less mediocre for a day. This is West Ham v Fulham, Brewers v White Sox, Chargers v Rams levels of ‘rivalry’ this week.

Let’s be honest here, regardless of the result on Saturday neither team are contenders nor look like being contenders for a few years.

The Primary’s blew their big chance in 2017 and are wallowing through mediocre seasons until the next messiah (pick 1), the Greys are as depressing to watch as their colour suggests, inconsistent in all things other than their ability to let us down.

All in all a depressing Saturday afternoon ahead.

We all know that if the forward line fires the Greys win easily, but we also know that it is as likely as Walker joining MENSA, as the Primary’s backline are more than capable of stifling anything that comes through.

Seriously…I don’t want to go on…

Key areas:

Grey attack v Primary defence - Primary win easily, or they lose the game.

Grey midfield v Primary midfield - Break even, both have very capable mids when on form. Grey would win it if both played to their ability.

Grey defence v Primary attack - Break even…if Primary get on top here it will be a very, very messy affair.

Alright then, I’m going to see if the missus wants to go to Bunnings or something tomorrow. I’ll watch the replay when i’ve had a bottle of shiraz.

Last edited:
Will be going to this game, so hoping we can get up, and expecting a response after last week from us. But that may only last a quarter or two but we are well and truly due to beat that mob.

Heart says us by 11 points, head says the other mob by 22 points, with a fightback like last time happening again.

I want 4 intense qtrs
We did it against the cats. But as we hardly ever do it maybe that left us a little flat for the WB game. So this week will be interesting as i suspect we will give it our all. We are frustrating to follow. I also expect to be behind in the free kick count and have a couple of dodgy goal reviews go against us this week.As for the result i actually think we will just get over the line.Ports by 7

On talent we should win, but the millstone around the neck in the box has this down as another loss. Just a question of whether it's a 'close, but never really a chance' that the club will use the excuse of it was just 'bad luck' or a smashing and Ken talks up how we have a long way to go, to be a club as good as one that hasn't won a flag in over 20 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We win either this game or next week against Brisbane. That's the way we roll. I'd prefer it was this one but it is difficult to see. Eddie and txt in god mode is more than I can stomach.

At least there's the magpies to look forward to on Sunday.

Don’t give us a hope in hell against the kings of wet weather football, so glad I won’t be at the ground sitting through a likely dismal match. Honestly cannot remember the last time we beat them in a wet weather showdown

View attachment 702585vView attachment 702586

OK, here it is, the least anticipated Showdown of all time! Showdown Zzz!

The Primary Colours versus the Greys, that combination for the ages as two mid table (and pretty mediocre) teams vie to be slightly less mediocre for a day. This is West Ham v Fulham, Brewers v White Sox, Chargers v Rams levels of ‘rivalry’ this week.

Let’s be honest here, regardless of the result on Saturday neither team are contenders nor look like being contenders for a few years.

The Primary’s blew their big chance in 2017 and are wallowing through mediocre seasons until the next messiah (pick 1), the Greys are as depressing to watch as their colour suggests, inconsistent in all things other than their ability to let us down.

All in all a depressing Saturday afternoon ahead.

We all know that if the forward line fires the Greys win easily, but we also know that it is as likely as Walker joining MENSA, as the Primary’s backline are more than capable of stifling anything that comes through.

Seriously…I don’t want to go on…

Key areas:

Grey attack v Primary defence - Primary win easily, or they lose the game.

Grey midfield v Primary midfield - Break even, both have very capable mids when on form. Grey would win it if both played to their ability.

Grey defence v Primary attack - Break even…if Primary get on top here it will be a very, very messy affair.

Alright then, I’m going to see if the missus wants to go to Bunnings or something tomorrow. I’ll watch the replay when i’ve had a bottle of shiraz.
Lol inspiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back