Shows that have dull first seasons but then become legendary

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what the season was where he had to pretend he liked footy. That was hilarious.
Sam was EP.
Everyone thought he was gay so they made him go on The Footy show.

"Mike Mike he's our man if he cant do it no one can!"

/next day

"Those bastards at channel nine. Prick w***ers!"

The first season of Big Love wasn't bad but it went from good to great as the show went on.

And a show called Frontline. First season was still allright but became so much better.
First season of Frontline was actually my favourite. Second season's producer (Sam?) was a bit of a nothing character compared to his predecessor, and then by the third season they were starting to repeat jokes a little bit IMO.

Breaking Bad.

Incredibly slow (albeit still interesting) first season that is absolutely trounced by later seasons.
To be fair though, the first season won the Best Actor emmy. I get where you are coming from, the show definitely changed, and back then Best Actor Emmy nominations could go to recognisable actors in short-lived shows, and Cranston had a lot to work with that season too, but S1 was still acclaimed. I guess you're right in the sense that no one was necessarily predicting it would end up with the legacy it did after S1.

On a personal level, I'd probably say BSG. Wasn't really that into it until midway through S2.

frank.jpg
S1 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia was good but when Frank came in for S2 it went to a different level.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agents of SHIELD & Legends of Tomorrow are another two, neither legendary ;) but both started slowly and both improved and became quality shows.

Halt and Catch Fire had a bit of a reputation for this, the first season had the Mad Man 'lead character in period setting with a mysterious background' thing going on, but they pretty much ditched that and focussed on the four main characters more or less equally after that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1264840
S1 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia was good but when Frank came in for S2 it went to a different level.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agents of SHIELD & Legends of Tomorrow are another two, neither legendary ;) but both started slowly and both improved and became quality shows.

Some of DeVito's best work, and he seems to be enjoying that role as much as anything else he's ever done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back