Shrine to Dale Morris - post your love here

Remove this Banner Ad

And just to add to the discussion.
There has never been a better defender at our club in my time.
And I have a few K's on the clock so have seen plenty.
First bloke picked for me.

Peter Foster close but agree Moz best defender I've seen for us.

Moz also the most effective flexible defender(big, small or medium fwd, it never mattered) I can remember at any club.

I hope he goes around again - still good enough. But wouldn't blame him if he retires.

I know I have been one to suggest that all three of Bob, Boyd and Moz should retire. However now that something like this has happened and the thought of Moz not being around anymore, it makes me think that I really want all of them to go on another year now! I always struggle to cope with players retiring, it just makes me feel sad, especially if the circumstances are like this.

How good was Rocket's press conference. When told about Dale's injury he said that he was as good a player as he has coached.

Seriously, why Dale AGAIN. It really isn't f f f f f fair.

Sadly I suspect that will be it, particularly from Bevo's words. Part of me would love to see him go on but if we have Cordy, Adams, Young, Collins, Roberts etc available next year we'll be OK and we do need to regenerate a bit with a few of these guys nearing the end.

Still, if he's fit and feeling good at the end of the year I'd be for him loading up again. Tough as nails too.

I can't believe the pain tolerance that this guy must have. Playing last years finals series with a broken back and then tonight casually walking off and chatting to the trainers with both bones in his arm broken.
Was about to post this. The man is a bloody cyborg, he doesn't need to heal, he just needs repairs and he'll be back before you know it!

...right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top bloke as well as top dog. They can never take that premiership medallion from you Dale! No matter what happens. Have to brag that you sat on our table at Chris Grant's testimonial week before your first game and you were just the friendliest unassuming footballer I've ever had the privilege to chat to. All the best for whatever the future holds.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I can't believe the pain tolerance that this guy must have. Playing last years finals series with a broken back and then tonight casually walking off and chatting to the trainers with both bones in his arm broken.
Yeah total admiration of Dale I'm sure most of us would have carried on like Garry Lyon but just as an example that sometimes bone breaks don't always hurt straight away . 40 odd year's ago I had compound breaks on Tibia and fibula and double break on my femur that hurt like hell but a year later broke the fibula in a less graphic manner which didn't hurt at all until I stupidly told the same country Dr who had to deal with me the first time . I'm sure he said to himself I will soon fix that and did Ah the pleasures of motorbikes anyway aside all of that . I'm certain we have one of the Toughest player's around ps I think he was hurting repeating total admiration

Yeah total admiration of Dale I'm sure most of us would have carried on like Garry Lyon but just as an example that sometimes bone breaks don't always hurt straight away . 40 odd year's ago I had compound breaks on Tibia and fibula and double break on my femur that hurt like hell but a year later broke the fibula in a less graphic manner which didn't hurt at all until I stupidly told the same country Dr who had to deal with me the first time . I'm sure he said to himself I will soon fix that and did Ah the pleasures of motorbikes anyway aside all of that . I'm certain we have one of the Toughest player's around ps I think he was hurting repeating total admiration
I've broken my fibula too, felt like I'd rolled my ankle in all honestly. Think Dale was in far more pain than I was though!

He is the Evel Knievel of the AFL. And like Evel, he'll get back on the bike.
I hope he plays on. I think Ev..Dale of the three oldies, has the most petrol still in the tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back