MRP / Trib. Shuey offered 1 match

Remove this Banner Ad

So it must have just been a typo.

EDIT: Medium impact my arse. For one I don't reckon the replay is clear enough, it sorta pans in half way through.

The real point here is that the MRP is a shambles in every way possible.

Must have got Duffield right on the point of his vagina unfortunately.

It's the only way the weak pr1ck could have needed 2 trainers to carry him off after a little love tap.

It was stupid and unnecessary, but a reprimand of 93.75 points is sufficient. No way this is as bad as Schofield's or Ballantyne's who got the same assessment

Take the 1 week and run, I was scared he would get 2 weeks similar to Schofield but thankfully he has a good record, was a stupid thing to do off the ball and it was in the last quarter so the game was over and there was no need to do it, he will benefit for the extra week off so he can reload against Carlton after the Bye

Mark Fraser (Chairman of the MRP):

With this incident you can see there's a strike to the stomach, Duffield goes to ground, we received a medical report from Fremantle and from looking at the vision and that medical report we deemed there was a strike of medium impact. You can see from the down the ground vision that Duffield stays on the ground for an extended period of time, before he goes off and we believe that warrants a medium impact charge.

Tweet from the AFL:

Luke Shuey's sanction was deemed medium impact. An error in our story said low impact. Total points remain at 6, his one match ban stands.

Iraqi-Information-Minister.jpeg

Take the 1 week and run, I was scared he would get 2 weeks similar to Schofield but thankfully he has a good record, was a stupid thing to do off the ball and it was in the last quarter so the game was over and there was no need to do it, he will benefit for the extra week off so he can reload against Carlton after the Bye

He got the exact same assessment as Schofield. Schoey only got two weeks due to carryover points from tripping Marc Murphy last year

Medium impact :mad:

Should of pinned Duffields arms then rammed his head in the turf instead of giving him a 'luv tap'

Typical that we get bent over by the joke of a MRP. Medical report getting it classified as medium is code that the Freo player/doctor had a sook and a squeal about it. Especially when that ******** B Harvey only got one week for a punch to the face.

What will happen though is that we will accept it and move on no matter i bet. Don't think we've had the balls to challenge anything that's come up at the tribunal for a good 5 years say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What will happen though is that we will accept it and move on no matter i bet. Don't think we've had the balls to challenge anything that's come up at the tribunal for a good 5 years say.

We challenged Lynch last year and had a small victory.

Though listening to Woosha talk about Water's reprimand earlier in the year, he made it clear it was the club's view that there was no high contact but the risk wasn't worth it.

Similarly, given Brisbane is our next game and Carlton thereafter, I doubt we'd risk him for the Carlton game - just to have him in for Brisbane.

Had it been the other way around, i daresay we'd take it to the tribunal

Yeah the tribunal is Russian roulette, don't want to risk him for Carlton. Even though it's at home and fairly confident about it, our midfield is where it'll be won or lost.

You can sling off at the MRP if it makes you feel better, but since I proclaimed "Schofield was ripped off," I've been keeping an eye on it and they've actually been very consistent with the off-the-ball punches to the guts.

I said to my mate as soon as it happened that Shuey would get 2 down to 1 and so he has. Whether you feel that's a tough penalty for a fairly soft incident is debatable, but at least it's consistent, which is a bloody good start.

Have an enjoyable fortnight Shuey and pull your head in after the break, particularly coming into finals.

Typical that we get bent over by the joke of a MRP. Medical report getting it classified as medium is code that the Freo player/doctor had a sook and a squeal about it. Especially when that ******** B Harvey only got one week for a punch to the face.

Don't think it's anything to do with having the balls. I think the attitude may be you've done the crime, we'll make do without you. Gives someone else, a la Stevens, Swift, Hams a chance to shine for the week.

Must have got Duffield right on the point of his vagina unfortunately.

It's the only way the weak pr1ck could have needed 2 trainers to carry him off after a little love tap.

It was stupid and unnecessary, but a reprimand of 93.75 points is sufficient. No way this is as bad as Schofield's or Ballantyne's who got the same assessment

Well said FS. I laughed ast the first line :D

Don't think it's anything to do with having the balls. I think the attitude may be you've done the crime, we'll make do without you. Gives someone else, a la Stevens, Swift, Hams a chance to shine for the week.
Have to agree. Intentional hits like that... too bad mate, you sit out and someone else has a chance to take your spot. Hams didn't play this week after missing two matches with suspension.

Bit surprised some on here are calling the MRP a joke. Seems fair to me. Pretty stupid thing to do when we were so far in front. Should have just been concentrating on running the match out. Learn form it, don't do it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back