MRP / Trib. Shuey offered 1 match

Remove this Banner Ad

Even so, can't believe it's "medium". When I saw the original press conference label it as "low", I thought that was fair.

Saw the footage, seemed bizarre. It was a stupid thing to do but we're all human, looks like he just lost his temper. He's hardly got a reputation for being a thug.

Give him the week off, more than happy for a Swift or Stevens to come in.

Even so, can't believe it's "medium". When I saw the original press conference label it as "low", I thought that was fair.

Cant really tell from the footage. Duffield went down and stayed down then left the field. Id say medium would be about right. Some take it better than others, his mistake was hitting that fairy instead of somebody who could take it :thumbsu:

EDIT: Not sure many in that freo team would be able to take it.

My feeling of it being a joke is that incidents like Harvey getting such a soft penalty then a tap (stupid as it was) likes Shuey's getting medium?

Shouldn't NLM have copped a rough conduct charge with reckless, high contact and high impact if they were consistent?

Stand by saying we dont like to challenge some of these ratings that dont seem to match with past incidents. Have an inkling that the MRP may not use precedent but so that could be part of it.

The Harvey 'punch' was a graze. And I didnt have too much problem with what NLM did, was pretty pissed when Priddis missed the next week though.

Like I said, it probably was medium impact going by the way Duffield stayed down and then left the ground. Can't argue with it, and if they do, Shuey also misses against Carlton. Its not worth the risk for what was a stupid thing to do.

Better contest that Sh*t shuey. Games gonna be boring as f**k if your not playing.

Cereal... who am i gonna cheer for stats? Scooter. Yes, that is the man. And Darls.

You cheer when somebody gets a stat? Just as well it wasn't Rosa on the w/e, otherwise you probably wouldnt have a voice right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And its annoying how we wont have him this week though. Brisbane have beaten us quite a few times up at the Gabba regardless of our ladder position.
I reckon we've had the better of the Lions at the Gabba in recent years - regardless of ladder position.

Can't take them lightly but this is as good as any for Shuey to miss.

I reckon we've had the better of the Lions at the Gabba in recent years - regardless of ladder position.

Can't take them lightly but this is as good as any for Shuey to miss.

I still remember the games in 2008 and 2009. We were up by a lot in both games (by six goals in 2008!) and we still lost both of them......

Just in case anyone is interested at the absolute incompetence of the AFL "article writers" - they changed the MRP statement from low to medium - but changed the "correct" level 6 activation to the incorrect level 5 activation. So they fix one error and make another. Great stuff. :)

the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), medium impact (two points) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points

Just in case anyone is interested at the absolute incompetence of the AFL "article writers" - they changed the MRP statement from low to medium - but changed the "correct" level 6 activation to the incorrect level 5 activation. So they fix one error and make another. Great stuff. :)

They're either trolling us by trying to **** with our heads with this 1+1=3 nonsense, or it's amateur hour. Likely the latter.

If his name was Barry Hall and he played for Sydney he would have got off that. Pretty much identical to his hit in the 2005 prelim but a lower impact than Barry.

He deserved a week, move on.

To me, it was just part of the argy bargy both players were giving each other as they were running up and down the field. No different to the Joel Selwood incident really, just more impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back