James Sicily returns from ACL, Captains the club, signs on for life and wins the PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the things that really stuck with me was hearing Roughy on Xavier Ellis' podcast, and he cited Sicily as being such a key player - and that if he'd been in the 3peat era, Hawthorn would've been even more incredible.

High praise from the old captain.

One of the things that really stuck with me was hearing Roughy on Xavier Ellis' podcast, and he cited Sicily as being such a key player - and that if he'd been in the 3peat era, Hawthorn would've been even more incredible.

Sicily is a genuine talent, and might have the best peg I've seen in Hawthorn colours. Big call but he has all the range and power of Suckling with none of the treacle slow wind up (and occasional absolute scrubber). Nothing surer than a goal if he gets the ball just outside 50.

I know a few on here will argue with that but I've just never seen anyone able to pass the ball as beautifully as he does over such a long distance. When you're at the game it makes a different sound off the boot.

Shorter distances I'd take Cyril 1st but I never saw Darren Jarman play.

He is as good as Lever as an interceptor but far greater kicking skills and only 6ft 3. He is rated by the wider football community but I rekon not nearly as much as he should be. If his head is where we need it to be from next year onwards he will move into the upper echelon in the game.

Sicily is a genuine talent, and might have the best peg I've seen in Hawthorn colours. Big call but he has all the range and power of Suckling with none of the treacle slow wind up (and occasional absolute scrubber). Nothing surer than a goal if he gets the ball just outside 50.

I know a few on here will argue with that but I've just never seen anyone able to pass the ball as beautifully as he does over such a long distance. When you're at the game it makes a different sound off the boot.

Shorter distances I'd take Cyril 1st but I never saw Darren Jarman play.
My only argument against it is he got in a habit of banging it in the air, but then so did our whole team, but cannot wait to see him hit a 60m pin point pass again 😍

He is as good as Lever as an interceptor but far greater kicking skills and only 6ft 3. He is rated by the wider football community but I rekon not nearly as much as he should be. If his head is where we need it to be from next year onwards he will move into the upper echelon in the game.

side by side he’s the same build as Gunner. Would be excellent o get those two back anything near fit

“He’s looking fantastic,” McCartney told SEN’s Bob and Andy when asked how Sicily was progressing.

“He is in at the club on a regular basis because he can’t be anywhere else at the moment and he’s running around on the oval, kicking the footy and looking like the James Sicily just before he went down over in the west last season.”

“He’s looking fantastic,” McCartney told SEN’s Bob and Andy when asked how Sicily was progressing.

“He is in at the club on a regular basis because he can’t be anywhere else at the moment and he’s running around on the oval, kicking the footy and looking like the James Sicily just before he went down over in the west last season.”

future captain would be nice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back