I really am Aker.
Jun 23, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Hi

I am about to commence planning a two week trip to Sicily. I am doing it solo.

I have travelled Italy extensively, but never Sicily. Any advice? What would you recommend? Good places to eat, natural sights to see etc?

Anyone who has travelled by organised tour groups, please disregard.

Thanks

Spent 2-3 days in Siricusa in the south. Loved it, great architectural history. Language is a bit of a barrier.

I took Eurail from Rome via Palermo. My final destination was Malta, but decided a couple days in Siricusa was worth it. I just organised everything myself on the fly, nothing planned through any travel operators.

Spent 2-3 days in Siricusa in the south. Loved it, great architectural history. Language is a bit of a barrier.

I took Eurail from Rome via Palermo. My final destination was Malta, but decided a couple days in Siricusa was worth it. I just organised everything myself on the fly, nothing planned through any travel operators.

I'm glad you said language is a barrier because I want to practice my Italian - that is one of the reasons i want to go there. Thanks for the tips.

If you go to Siracusa (which I highlh reccomend) make sure you go to Ortigia. Its an island in the centre of the city, its pretty incredible. The streets are so narrow there are no cars. We stayed in a place there that was about 500 years old. Was pretty nice, I could live there I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back