Sick Bay (Or what ails you)

Remove this Banner Ad

You can be up and Moving/Walking in under 24 Hours
So they told me, up next day walking and hopefully home in 5 days.
Two things I didn't like hearing were -one leg may be longer and daily injections in case of infection.

The Divinyls' Chrissie Amphlett warbled that there is a fine line between pleasure and pain - but, as a hipster, she obviously had no clue when it comes to, uh, hips.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
Thanks Delta, can't wait to walk and get up from sitting position pain free.
Nice song too.

Two things I didn't like hearing were -one leg may be longer and daily injections in case of infection.

Nice song too.
When you can move to it is when yo hip is OK.

After recently watching my father have both hips replaced (five years apart) I am firmly in the camp that after the initial pain of discomfort of the surgical procedure your quality of life improves so much.

Also being sick is terrible. I've been at home for most of the past two weeks and it is no fun at all. :(

Nice song too.

Daily Injection for Ever or Just for the 5 Days in Hospital?

Well, I have finally given in to the pain and am going to hospital for hip replacement on Friday (1st).
No more pain, walking stick and no more limping!

A few of my friends are laughing as they keep bring up physical therapy knowing that I am not big on that but if it means no more pain then I will do it.

Best wishes for a successful procedure and a speedy return to getting your mobility back (got to be diligent with your post op physio and exercise)! Are you having both hips done at the same time or just one to begin with?

Best wishes for a successful procedure and a speedy return to getting your mobility back (got to be diligent with your post op physio and exercise)! Are you having both hips done at the same time or just one to begin with?
Thank you, right one first then recovery.
My niece dropped around today she has had one and going in on the 14th for the other and what she described is going to driving me crazy.
I always cross my legs, can only sleep on my right side never on my back, sit on on leg on a chair all of these things are no nos!
Have you had one?

Nice song too.
I’m a needle phobic.
How the F can you do an injection everyday?
I just couldn’t.
Funny story, one of my last seven surgeries, can’t remember which one, the drug administer decided to put the needle in the back of my hand. Being a needlephobic, this is just about the last place I want that intrusion.
And I told him so.
But the idiot knew better.
No he didn’t! Stick the 100 millimetre wide ( in my mind) needle in and my body decided that retribution is the best answer to this.
Blood spurted all over him! Had to go and change clothes.
Since then, they don’t insert in the back if my hand while I’m awake.
When I am awake and there is a needle in the back of my hand, I simply rip it out.
They hate that.

My niece dropped around today she has had one and going in on the 14th for the other and what she described is going to driving me crazy.
I always cross my legs, can only sleep on my right side never on my back, sit on on leg on a chair all of these things are no nos!
Have you had one?

No, not in that age bracket yet and my parents haven’t shown any signs of arthritis in the hips to date, so here’s hoping this particular age related issue doesn’t strike. On my in-laws side, an aunt recently had it done but she hasn’t been particularly compliant with post op physio and still has some difficulty moving around as a result. Shame really, given how invasive the procedure is and not to gain the maximum benefit afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a knee reco 2 1/2 months ago and have already torn my hamstring twice. Second time was more painful than the knee when I did it. Trying to get the strengthening going but it’s hard when I keep doing the hammy :(.

Hot tip don’t play sport and do a knee lol.

Had a knee reco 2 1/2 months ago and have already torn my hamstring twice. Second time was more painful than the knee when I did it. Trying to get the strengthening going but it’s hard when I keep doing the hammy :(.

Hot tip don’t play sport and do a knee lol.
I got a better tip for you campbell, don't start playing sport 2 months after a knee reco.
Surely you would need to give it a bit more time to heal than that.

I got a better tip for you campbell, don't start playing sport 2 months after a knee reco.
Surely you would need to give it a bit more time to heal than that.
Haha, God no! Definitely couldn’t play anything after the op. The hamstring strains occurred by doing simple every day tasks. Sadly I’ll be giving football away. So no more contact sport for me.

Well I am back from Tests and My Lungs where Working Normally(100%).

Then went to Another Doctor at the Hospital. He said I have Sleep Apnea and that could be a Big Reason why I got Massive Clots(They where so Big they Though I was going to Die from them. Not getting me that Easy. When I 1st went in). So have to have Tests for That soon. Most likely in the New Year. Though I need another Scan to make 100% sure the Clots are all Gone

He also said I be on Walfrin for 3 Months and Be Taken off then have a Blood Test bit afterwards to see IF I have Genetic Reason I have Clots. IF I do I am on Walfrin for Life and IF Not then I don't need to be on Walfrin. Hate getting Different Answers from Different Doctors. Some say I definitely be on Walfrin for Life and Others say Maybe Not. Bloody Annoying.

That is the Update from Afternoon at the Doctors

Have you had one?
All the best Maggie. And do whatever is is necessary to avoid infection. I know its probably pot luck, but a mate of mine had his hip done in Fenruary. Got infected, and six operations later he's still not able to work. The infection was worse than the original problem. It's basically going to cost him 12 months of his life.

On the other hand, the mother in law has had 4 hip operations now, and never had an issue. I hope you get to follow her path:)

Thanks to all for well wishes.

Things look good so far, lots of pain but that is to be expected, hopefully can come home next week.
Have graduated from bed to stand, two crutches and if I am comfortable on one,
home it is.

Fortunately constantly checking temperature, BP, etc keeping an eye on any infection and of course blood clots. So far so good.

Things look good so far, lots of pain but that is to be expected, hopefully can come home next week.
home it is.

Fortunately constantly checking temperature, BP, etc keeping an eye on any infection and of course blood clots. So far so good.

Yeah. I know how bad Blood Clots can get and you don't want them.

Hopefully be back to 100% when they Footy Season Starts;)

home it is.

All the best, and hope recovery goes quickly for you

I hava Sleep Apnea test now on 26th of April.

Doctor Hospital Reckons I have it. Said Sleep Apena can make people get Clots.

So I guess I go and have this Test Next Year and see what Happens From It

Remove this Banner Ad

Back