Sick of the media talking about Carlton all the time.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I have never heard so much discussion as to the fate of Carlton, if they win, if they lose, what they need to do going forward etc.

Why is there so much Carlton talk in the footy media?

It CAN'T be the size of their supporter base, as Richmond, Collingwood and possibly Hawthorn have bigger supporter bases.

I think it must be the amount of Carlton supporters in the media. That would explain why for three nights straight, Sam McLure has taken talkback on Carlton, not on the Ablett suspension, not on Steven May, or anything else that is going on in footy, but every call is only ever about Carlton.

Andy Maher also uses every opportunity to bring up Carlton and can't stop talking about them, and finding ways to weave them into any footy conversation, no matter how tenuous the link.

How about some professionalism? Just like people wouldn't want every post I post to be waxing lyrical about Geelong, I don't want to hear about Carlton every five seconds.

There are 17 other clubs in the league, and 17 sets of supporters who don't give a flying toss about the Bluebaggers.

Anyway, why would any Carlton supporter want to talk about the Blues at the moment, when they are s**t? They should be keeping their heads down, and denying that they go for the club, to avoid the laughing, finger-pointing and embarrassment of admitting that you like a club that collect so many wooden spoons, forests have had to be cleared to make them.

So, word of advice to Maher, McLure, Jon Ralph and every other footy media personality who jerks off about Carlton-we don't give a s**t about your club- never have, never will, so shut the * up about them!

Mar 23, 2014
Leningrad
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Partiya Lenina
I have never heard so much discussion as to the fate of Carlton, if they win, if they lose, what they need to do going forward etc.

It CAN'T be the size of their supporter base, as Richmond, Collingwood and possibly Hawthorn have bigger supporter bases.

I think it must be the amount of Carlton supporters in the media. That would explain why for three nights straight, Sam McLure has taken talkback on Carlton, not on the Ablett suspension, not on Steven May, or anything else that is going on in footy, but every call is only ever about Carlton.

Andy Maher also uses every opportunity to bring up Carlton and can't stop talking about them, and finding ways to weave them into any footy conversation, no matter how tenuous the link.

How about some professionalism? Just like people wouldn't want every post I post to be waxing lyrical about Geelong, I don't want to hear about Carlton every five seconds.

There are 17 other clubs in the league, and 17 sets of supporters who don't give a flying toss about the Bluebaggers.

Anyway, why would any Carlton supporter want to talk about the Blues at the moment, when they are ****? They should be keeping their heads down, and denying that they go for the club, to avoid the laughing, finger-pointing and embarrassment of admitting that you like a club that collect so many wooden spoons, forests have had to be cleared to make them.

So, word of advice to Maher, McLure, Jon Ralph and every other footy media personality who jerks off about Carlton-we don't give a **** about your club- never have, never will, so shut the **** up about them!

Yeah but you're not in the business of generating public interest and the footy media is Melbourne-centric. We stink but have a large supporter base, simple as that.

Also use this week as a case study with Steven May drinking dominating the airwaves. Jeremy Cameron has kicked nearly double the goals of 2nd place in the Coleman and gets zero noise. See the problem?

Also, Ralph is a Richmond fan.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
I think they got more coverage than their position deserves.

We know they are rebuilding, we know they will suck some weeks, we know that occasionally they will have a great win, but I reckon some are drumming up issues at Carlton to take a scalp (Bolton), because a coach hasn't been sacked for awhile.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah but you're not in the business of generating public interest and the footy media is Melbourne-centric. We stink but have a large supporter base, simple as that.

Also use this week as a case study with Steven May drinking dominating the airwaves. Jeremy Cameron has kicked nearly double the goals of 2nd place in the Coleman and gets zero noise. See the problem?

Also, Ralph is a Richmond fan.

Firstly, credit where it is due. Great Mark and Goal of the year in the 80's, even if they were both against us.

Secondly, if it was about public interest, then Collingwood or Richmond would get talked about more, since they have larger supporter bases (and therefore more people to listen, read and watch their media people talk about them, then they would Carlton).

No, I think it is based on the fact that Carlton fans lack self-awareness and think everyone else cares about their dud club as much as they do.

I know that you feel some loyalty towards them, given your 65 games for them between 1981-83, but you have to realise that not all of us feel the same way.

Thanks for posting though. It's not everyday I get an ex-VFL/AFL player responding to my post.

Mar 23, 2014
Leningrad
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Partiya Lenina
Firstly, credit where it is due. Great Mark and Goal of the year in the 80's, even if they were both against us.

Secondly, if it was about public interest, then Collingwood or Richmond would get talked about more, since they have larger supporter bases (and therefore more people to listen, read and watch their media people talk about them, then they would Carlton).

No, I think it is based on the fact that Carlton fans lack self-awareness and think everyone else cares about their dud club as much as they do.

I know that you feel some loyalty towards them, given your 65 games for them between 1981-83, but you have to realise that not all of us feel the same way.

Thanks for posting though. It's not everyday I get an ex-VFL/AFL player responding to my post.

I am being objective. Don't understand your sassy response.

I flat out told you that we stink and it is only because of the size of our supporter base that we get the coverage we do. We have 60,000 members this year despite two decades of trash. Do you need more proof?

If I were loyal or blind, I'd say something like "you guys did **** all for 40+ years", "complain about home finals" or "handbaggers" etc. but I didn't.

You obviously didn't get the May/Cameron comparison either.

Good luck to you.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Anyway, why would any Carlton supporter want to talk about the Blues at the moment, when they are ****? They should be keeping their heads down, and denying that they go for the club, to avoid the laughing, finger-pointing and embarrassment of admitting that you like a club that collect so many wooden spoons, forests have had to be cleared to make them.

So, word of advice to Maher, McLure, Jon Ralph and every other footy media personality who jerks off about Carlton-we don't give a **** about your club- never have, never will, so shut the **** up about them!

Mate Carlton supporters are sick of it as well. If we perform ok then they talk about us being on the right path, we play bad like we did against North and its the end of the world.

Media is gunning for a coach to be sacked and they love their 4-40 stat whenever we have a shocker. Its like they only just realised we were 3-30 at the start of the year (not sure what 2017 and 2018 results have to do with this year results)

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Jon Ralph supports Richmond, not Carlton.

Pablito

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

What's there to talk about with Geelong? Paddy Dangerfield and his ******* nanna?
Give me a break. You're club is the food equivalent of gluten free white bread.

We might be a basket case but at least we're a compelling and relevant basket case.

Now go back to eating your red rooster rippa roll.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
People in general feel for the underdog and hope they bounce back until they do.
Commentators / Journalists hover like vultures waiting for the first sign of negativity.
Last year Stk this year Caaarlton next year whoever, if they wait that long.

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
It’s Carlton supporters in the media and the fact the media thrive on negative news...everytime you swipe all the way left on your iPhone it comes up with news stories like ‘I went to the toilet and didn’t wipe my ass properly, now my life is f***ed’

ROORAGE

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2007
The Black Lodge
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This thread is long overdue. The club is a joke and the beauty of it is it is all self inflicted. Carlton are no longer a so called big 4 club. The only reason they get so much media is the ratio of Carlton supporters in the media. It’s this type of media bias that is killing the commentary around the game. Flogs like Maclure are a scourge with their complete lack of professionalism. Their on field performances warrant nothing but a footnote in a local football record. Utter garbage for decades. Long May it continue. Not so arrogant now....

Last edited:
Back