Siddle Petering Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone needs to covertly put some meat into the man's food.

siddle_zps283cc438.jpg

Siddle now lives in harmony with nature judging by this picture.

I do think he was treated a bit harshly, but he wasn't bowling with quite the same control as before and he seemed incapable of reversing the ball in Port Elizabeth (he has bowled well in those conditions before, though).

I figure that he'll be back at some point.

Good.

That's a sign of a team on the rise and chasing victory, not accepting the status quo to try and be nice (like the Crows did last year).

Bump.

Still doesn't look threatening.
Probably not the greatest conditions for bowling to be fair though

Did cross my mind too though

He was OK in trying conditions and his pace was up to a reasonable level for at least the first day.

He looks ok but still not back to where he was when he was bowling 145km/h give or take. He'll be hoping he gets some reverse later in the game as the seam wont last long on that wicket.

He bowled pretty well on the first day IMO. Pace looked up from where it was 6 months ago so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Was NOT a good wicket for bowlers.

It was nowhere near 140-145kmph and that's tbe issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, he did exceed 140 km/h at times but he didn't get up to 145 km/h admittedly.

That is a problem as lets say he has a max of 142...that is averaging mid to low 130's...that is what got him dropped! Too slow, not enough tricks to be that slow.

I suspect Starc might come in for one of the spinners.

On these pitches? Maxwell for Lyon, Starc for Siddle. We need a genuine wicket taker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back