Sier to Make his Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

COLLINGWOOD appears set to unleash another debutant against Gold Coast on Saturday night with midfielder Brayden Sier in line to replace injured star Adam Treloar.

The Magpies trained at the Holden Centre this morning and during the session coach Nathan Buckley called his players in for a chat.

Seconds later, players erupted in cheers and appeared to be celebrating with the 20-year-old.

+ Given it was filmed, there was a cameraman present with the players which would be another sign something was going on (and something to look out for in future)

Hands are a little sticky at the moment and it's a bit hard to type so I'll just leave this here:

2d17ys.jpg

p.s. can I bum a ciggie off someone???

One thing I think you can say this year is that the debutants while being elevated often due to injuries have stayed due to form and played a lot more.

Last year we had

Brown 5
Daicos 2
Kirby 1

so only 8 games between them

And generally those were not convincing performances anyway.

This year it's (to date)

Stephenson 13
Murray 9
Appleby 7
Mihocek 3

With 3 of those playing on merit on the weekend, and now Sier gets a chance.

We have been very fortunate as the drop off/unavailability of the likes of Wells, Varcoe, Reid, Elliott has been compensated admirably so far. When more fancied players return, even then its probably the likes of Mayne, Greenwood I'd be dropping, and we havent reached for the Blair break glass option too often so there is more there for the future.

Just so I wont be labelled a neighsayer.

Was going to post exactly the same thing until I saw you'd already done it!

I'll just add that last year our debutants only played 2 of their 8 combined games prior to Round 21, by which time our season was officially over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this mean you’ll take the tape off your avatar?

I think I'll keep it. Originally stole it when no one knew how it was pronounced and thought it was pronounced Sia like the music artist.

Just hoping he can do enough to hold his spot and stay in and build. Not expecting too much first up.

Outstanding body shape for modern game but needs more voice.
And doesn’t wear pants :eek:

Neither did Porky Pig
Neither did Fat Cat
Neither did Daffy Duck

Teddy bears named after Teddy Roosevelt 26th President of the USA.

And he was one tough hombre.

1799B1A1-4CBB-46E7-BD8E-FD55A21B0F39.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back