Sier to Make his Debut

QLDbeachbabe

All Australian
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I miss Brendan Abbott.
Don't forget Henry Schade but lucky you have a better player in Matthew Scharenberg starring. You must be excited and overwhelmed that collingwood have two bright future stars in the making in Brayden and Mathew to watch over many years to come.

Somebody

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
One thing I think you can say this year is that the debutants while being elevated often due to injuries have stayed due to form and played a lot more.

Last year we had

Brown 5
Daicos 2
Kirby 1

so only 8 games between them

And generally those were not convincing performances anyway.

This year it's (to date)

Stephenson 13
Murray 9
Appleby 7
Mihocek 3

With 3 of those playing on merit on the weekend, and now Sier gets a chance.

We have been very fortunate as the drop off/unavailability of the likes of Wells, Varcoe, Reid, Elliott has been compensated admirably so far. When more fancied players return, even then its probably the likes of Mayne, Greenwood I'd be dropping, and we havent reached for the Blair break glass option too often so there is more there for the future.

Just so I wont be labelled a neighsayer.
yeah I think not having to use Blairy yet is a good sign of our injuries still not being catastrophic, since despite the abusers he is a very solid and reliable role player.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Don't forget Henry Schade but lucky you have a better player in Matthew Scharenberg starring. You must be excited and overwhelmed that collingwood have two bright future stars in the making in Brayden and Mathew to watch over many years to come.
We will see. I doubt Sier will make it. I’ll be shocked if he plays 100 games with us.?

We will see. I doubt Sier will make it. I’ll be shocked if he plays 100 games with us.?
Good to see you aren’t a believer. After all, an endorsement from you is like the kiss of death, as poor Sinkers and Schadey found out.

Leigh Lowther

All Australian
Apr 20, 2013
Elsternwick
AFL Club
Collingwood
Big difference between a debutant and a debutant thats been in the system for 3 years, as such I'm feeling optimistic about this one. Hes had the chance to train at the top level, learn the system and familiarise himself with the expectations of an AFL player. Don't forget he was always recruited with the purpose of being a long term development project and now we're able to see if his efforts are going to bear fruit.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Big difference between a debutant and a debutant thats been in the system for 3 years, as such I'm feeling optimistic about this one. Hes had the chance to train at the top level, learn the system and familiarise himself with the expectations of an AFL player. Don't forget he was always recruited with the purpose of being a long term development project and now we able to see if his efforts are going to bear fruit.

bolded for emphasis.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

JM#1

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been living overseas this year so haven't watched any VFL games, but I keep hearing about this guy. Can't wait to see him tonight!

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Last edited:
Not a very nice thing to say TG. Have a bit of faith and you maybe pleasant surprised.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a massive coincidence that we get on a roll and THATSGOLD is nowhere to be seen.

Every week he's hoping & praying for a Pies loss so he can go full troll mode.

Poor bugger has been waiting weeks and he just has to scratch that itch.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice start for the Bear.

3 tackles.
5 possessions.

Looks good.

Caused the first goal.

Go Bear :)

Back