Sier to Make his Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Weren't 2 of his early kicks assists for goal? First was for Stephenson's first goal where he kicked out of a contest to exactly where we want it (over May's head, giving Stepho room to run on), and I'm sure there was another one not long after.

I know he's 23, but he's looks like a guy who is suited to this level. Not best 22 on a healthy list, but deserves to be in the rotation, and deserves to keep getting opportunities based on this performance.

(Edit: I've been corrected by Pedro that he's only 20 - but I will keep my initial mistake up - goes to show how mature I thought he looked on debut)

I believe he only just made the cutoff age the year we drafted him. Hence why he seems like he's been around for so long but is still so young.
You also need to remember that we pulled him basically out of his school team.

Sidebottom was a similar age when drafted.

V promising debut. Seemed a bit tentative with taking the game on, like a bit afraid of making a mistake which is v understandable coz if after waiting so long if you make a couple of f- up's you could be dropped for months again. Obviously will benefit from the experience but to start to see more of his potential I'd actually llike to see him get caught a couple of time coz then he'd be pushing the envelope. It might help his devt to be told he doesn't have to be afraid of playing with a bit more risk and if he got caught once or twice (esp if not inside D50 of course) that would be part of the learning experience.Every risk taking player incl the guy we jsut lost for a couple months or more gets caught occasionally.
But anyway if he gets at least 3 games in a row he'll start to adjust to the higher pace of the 1's I guess.

I thought it was a solid debut, but there is plenty of stuff for the coaches to work with him on. Top amongst them IMHO was how there were occasions where he handballed into trouble indicating he needs a bit more game awareness. I’m not going to crucify him for it, it’s his first game - but he’s going to need to iron that out if he’s going to succeed.

Sier will be a gun.
I've never been wrong with these predictions.
OK I may have got KM wrong but other than that I have been 100 percent.
Whoooo the radio station I listen to is playing AC/DC.
End conversation.

It's a long way to the top....................
who is KM?

I thought he looked excellent, his handballing to me was very accomplished and released players in to space. Laid some tackles which really stuck, too, which is a refreshing change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was a solid debut, but there is plenty of stuff for the coaches to work with him on. Top amongst them IMHO was how there were occasions where he handballed into trouble indicating he needs a bit more game awareness. I’m not going to crucify him for it, it’s his first game - but he’s going to need to iron that out if he’s going to succeed.

To be fair he wasn't alone in that - it's hard to not do something as a debutant when your more experienced team mates around you are also doing it frequently on what was a pretty poor performance overall.

The lack of overlap run was the biggest thing I noticed - players were often just calling for the ball basically flat footed in a lot of contested ball situations, instead of getting on the move and/or blocking for the ball carrier to give them a bit more time.

To be fair he wasn't alone in that - it's hard to not do something as a debutant when your more experienced team mates around you are also doing it frequently on what was a pretty poor performance overall.

The lack of overlap run was the biggest thing I noticed - players were often just calling for the ball basically flat footed in a lot of contested ball situations, instead of getting on the move and/or blocking for the ball carrier to give them a bit more time.
Hmm that sounds liek something AT did a lot of so maybe missing him already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back