Signature ID - circa 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

vic_LION

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pulling out my old jumper I got signed by some of the players back in 2009, and there’s one signature I can’t identify.

No number which makes it tricky, and can’t remember who the player was. Thought I’d see on big footy if anyone can ID it?

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
I don't have any specific insight but based off the short length of the surname (~4-6 letters) and that it finishes with an upstroke the only name on Brisbane Playing List for 2009 - Draftguru that looks most likely would be A. Proud.

Edit: Dan Rich was another one, but his playing card's signature is also different. I can't find any for Proud, go figure.

Joel Patful?
I'm assuming they use their actual signature for these things, in which case no:

s-l1600.jpg

Kinda looks like it's saying Matt. Or at the very least there an "att" - the two lines at the end and the swoop to cross them is familiar. We had two Matt's on our list in 2009, Leuenberger and Tyler. Go back a year and we also had Matt Moody.

I presume those draft cards are using a player's 18yo signature and that they develop a shorthand one pretty quickly for signing autographs.

I thought it looked like it said Scott.
but can’t think of who that may be.
Pulling out my old jumper I got signed by some of the players back in 2009, and there’s one signature I can’t identify.

No number which makes it tricky, and can’t remember who the player was. Thought I’d see on big footy if anyone can ID it?

It's Jack Redden

That's Vossy. 100%

Yes, agree it's very likely Voss. This is from my 'Pride of the Lions - AFL Premiers 2001' print, which is signed by Jamie Cooper (artist), Sean Hart, Michael Voss and Leigh Matthews, which hangs next to my working desk. I also have the limited edition signed panoramas of the 2001, 2002 and 2003 with the same print number. I went a bit crazy after the GF wins (which is likely to happen again).

PXL_20230927_035134966.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back