Toast Significant Damien Hardwick Milestone Might Be Reached Tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

I know as much as the rest of the people here. Nothing.
He has had us playing some great footy at points, at times we have looked like a top of the table team.
Is it the players attitude? Is it the players skill level? Is this the fault of coaches or players? Is it the game plan? Is it the changes to rules over the last year? Is it the drafting team? Is it the recruiting team?
I really don't know. Most likely a mixture of all, hard to blame it all on the coach when we constantly get told we have no depth/rely too much on the top end talent.
But then again is that the fault of the coach for not recruiting differently?
I dont know who makes what choices within the club, I don't know if a different coach would = a different outcome or if different players would = a different outcome.
Problem is, outside 2013, the round 23 win against Sydney in 2014, the 2015 wins against Hawthorn and Fremantle when the shackles were released, most of these wins have been ordinary. A pair of two-three goal wins against a then inferior St Kilda last season, followed by a round 22 win against a down-and-out Essendon by 18 points last season and against an inferior model two weeks ago are not great football.
And then there is the matter that Hardwick is clearly outcoached each season by Chris Scott, Brad Scott, Paul Roos. Melbourne have been a s*** truck and managed to dismantle us with ease in 2014 and 15 - and again this year when they were better. Watch the Saints defeat us in a few weeks' time.
What more evidence do you ned that Hardwick's game plan and style don't cut it! To quote the man: "Our best is good enough to beat any side." Well get busy producing it - and you won't with the farcical, stubborn, inflexible, tedious and out-dated approach he serves up.
Yes, the wins against Hawthorn and Fremantle have been great - as was Sydney this year - but why do we not follow up and take that approach into games against Essendon, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Collingwood, all of whom we have nothing to fear.
I'm sure if we beat Hawthorn by 30 points or even 50 points as we have done in recent seasons, you can go out and reproduce that form against a lesser team (and on recent form there are 16 other lesser teams) and win by 50 points. But I get it, you are a Hardwick supporter and by extension, like the man himself, an "excuse maker". What is it, we don't have Newman, Jackson, Foley, Petterd. Before that he spent near three quarters of a season blaming the absence of Jake King for our bad start even though he played all of about three games the previous year. Like give me a f***** break!

We have the equivalent of 2 potential Brownlow medalists in the midfield, the best defender in the AFL, top 3 forward in the AFL and Brett Deledio.

We've had them since the beginning and with the exception of Deledio's injury issues the rest are all at/or near their peak.

If you can't build a team around that you shouldn't be employed in the AFL.
and all recruited before hardwick started

Problem is, outside 2013, the round 23 win against Sydney in 2014, the 2015 wins against Hawthorn and Fremantle when the shackles were released, most of these wins have been ordinary. A pair of two-three goal wins against a then inferior St Kilda last season, followed by a round 22 win against a down-and-out Essendon by 18 points last season and against an inferior model two weeks ago are not great football.
And then there is the matter that Hardwick is clearly outcoached each season by Chris Scott, Brad Scott, Paul Roos. Melbourne have been a s*** truck and managed to dismantle us with ease in 2014 and 15 - and again this year when they were better. Watch the Saints defeat us in a few weeks' time.
What more evidence do you ned that Hardwick's game plan and style don't cut it! To quote the man: "Our best is good enough to beat any side." Well get busy producing it - and you won't with the farcical, stubborn, inflexible, tedious and out-dated approach he serves up.
Yes, the wins against Hawthorn and Fremantle have been great - as was Sydney this year - but why do we not follow up and take that approach into games against Essendon, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Collingwood, all of whom we have nothing to fear.
I'm sure if we beat Hawthorn by 30 points or even 50 points as we have done in recent seasons, you can go out and reproduce that form against a lesser team (and on recent form there are 16 other lesser teams) and win by 50 points. But I get it, you are a Hardwick supporter and by extension, like the man himself, an "excuse maker". What is it, we don't have Newman, Jackson, Foley, Petterd. Before that he spent near three quarters of a season blaming the absence of Jake King for our bad start even though he played all of about three games the previous year. Like give me a f***** break!
Hilarious ship

but factual
That's it - the Hardwick disciples point to his 'great record' against Hawthorn, which took a battering this season, but fail to see he has failed to make up any ground on Geelong, North Melbourne, Melbourne and even the Bulldogs of recent times. His record does not stand up.

That's it - the Hardwick disciples point to his 'great record' against Hawthorn, which took a battering this season, but fail to see he has failed to make up any ground on Geelong, North Melbourne, Melbourne and even the Bulldogs of recent times. His record does not stand up.
4 days until he's the 3rd worst coach in the league 'statistically'

Worse than a start up club. :$

a couple of those clubs bottomed out and are now significantly past us, and guess what they did it in compromised drafts as well.. bunt don't stress goldy the Hardwick Family who are supporting him on here will be gone once he is gone

a couple of those clubs bottomed out and are now significantly past us, and guess what they did it in compromised drafts as well.. bunt don't stress goldy the Hardwick Family who are supporting him on here will be gone once he is gone
49 more games of it will be unbearable.

49 more games of it will be unbearable.
its only 196 quarters plus time on plus preseasons games, but then again he might pull the players off the field in the preseason games so I shouldn't count them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the point of bringing Scott up, aside to lol at norf? Unfortunately has a far better record than Dimma, especially when it comes to finals footy...
The flag's the thing.
Hardwick 7 years 0 flags = Scott 7 years 0 flags.

The flag's the thing.
Hardwick 7 years 0 flags = Scott 7 years 0 flags.

the record is most games without winning a final.......stop deflecting, and Bradley given the resources at lolnorf is doing a pretty good job with the geriatrics.

Whats the point of bringing Scott up, aside to lol at norf? Unfortunately has a far better record than Dimma, especially when it comes to finals footy...
it's been the Richmond way for 34 years. Deflect the truth by looking at another club rather than manning up and facing the problem and doing something about it.
I reckon Scott would have won multiple finals with our list from 2012,but that's only my uneducated football opinion.:$

the record is most games without winning a final.......stop deflecting, and Bradley given the resources at #lolnorf is doing a pretty good job with the geriatrics.

edited for accuracy

the record is most games without winning a final.......stop deflecting, and Bradley given the resources at lolnorf is doing a pretty good job with the geriatrics.
not deflecting. just pointing out a similarity. yes, "bradley" is doing a bang-up job.

Not according to the General Manager of Football at Richmond. He believes to simply make the finals is "the thing".

The alternative to aiming to make the finals is to not even try to make the finals.
Mediocrity IS something to aim for in our current position.
We should get about achieving it before we start expecting flags overnight.
In any case, IMO the AFL has a waiting list of the premiers for the next 10-15 years.
Each will be attended to in due course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back