Silly cartoon guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure that the jumper featuring our present logo dog (whom I shall refer to as Gordo), was not created with the purpose in mind that the supporters should find it pretty.

Can any of you very clever people suggest a reason or reasons why the jumper was created the way it was?

I'm sure that the jumper featuring our present logo dog (whom I shall refer to as Gordo), was not created with the purpose in mind that the supporters should find it pretty.

Can any of you very clever people suggest a reason or reasons why the jumper was created the way it was?

To appeal to children?

Because the other versions were even worse, i was at the club last year
and ventured into the Bulldogs shop where i was taken by a yellow
version of the jumper is that wrong because it felt like i was ignoring
history and turning my back on tradition.

View attachment 210737the template of winners. Great template makes a great away geurnsey.

Nahhh sorry. Ain't seen a white footy jersey yet that doesn't look like it belongs in he operating ward of a down market hospital. They are all as dull as old dish water. I am glad we returned to the outfit I grew up with [ the hoops ], but if we have to have an away strip, the current one is as good, or better than any of the others we have mooted or tried IMO.

Nahhh sorry. Ain't seen a white footy jersey yet that doesn't look like it belongs in he operating ward of a down market hospital. They are all as dull as old dish water. I am glad we returned to the outfit I grew up with [ the hoops ], but if we have to have an away strip, the current one is as good, or better than any of the others we have mooted or tried IMO.
I was just joking because this fella just won the big bike race.
Add many red and blue hoops to a white background, that would look great ( not too white) and not like a kids jumper. But then again we're not paid mega bucks to design these hideous creations.

I don't mind the new jerseys. Didn't mind the old white ones but hated the red ones. I'm more disappointed the training apparel isn't as good as last years. The hoodies are better (got mine) but my gym shorts don't have the Ballarat logo. And really liked the way they put the cartoon dog on the shirts and singlets last year. Glad I got a few shirts.

I was just joking because this fella just won the big bike race.
Add many red and blue hoops to a white background, that would look great ( not too white) and not like a kids jumper. But then again we're not paid mega bucks to design these hideous creations.

Was a bl**dy great ride wasn't it.

Nope.

Maybe read up the internet on 'intimidation'.

Really? You think we are trying to scare the opposition into submission with a very unappealing cartoon dog? It might make one of them whince and miss sight of a mark I guess because of how silly it looks... It's one to appeal to kids to up the apparel sales but I just don't see it. Even the lions killed their stupid paddle pop lion. Needs to die the death of robo-dog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup.

Think teeth, claws.
I have been thinking teeth and claws all afternoon and you have won me
over as i now see the cartoon jumper as a metaphor for all our collective
suffering and angst over many decades. This jumper screams like it or not
we are coming at ya 3D teeth and claws, teeth and claws, teeth and claws.

Saints have done way better clash geurnseys for twenty years now. They never have cartoons and look like Aussie Rules geurnseys.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 4

It's probably because 3/4 of the white strips use that colour when it isn't a part of a club's primary set (e.g. Hawthorn who have always been brown and gold), and most of those are created by Puma (who amongst other atrocities created the Eagles Dog's Breakfast Ochre strip). It works well for us because white is in our set.

Personally if we needed to change I would have even gone Central Districts 1980's style with the 2 stripes on the left hand side, looks something like this

3982746d4c.jpg

So this is the week that we wear the hideous cartoon Guernsey. After already winning more games than last year in our beautiful Royal blue hoops jumper. I think white shorts would have done the trick. Our kit looks great with white shorts. I hope we are not on TV.

It's probably because 3/4 of the white strips use that colour when it isn't a part of a club's primary set (e.g. Hawthorn who have always been brown and gold), and most of those are created by Puma (who amongst other atrocities created the Eagles Dog's Breakfast Ochre strip). It works well for us because white is in our set.

Personally if we needed to change I would have even gone Central Districts 1980's style with the 2 stripes on the left hand side, looks something like this

3982746d4c.jpg

Even though its has vertical stripes and not diagonal it reminds me too much of a 90s AFL umpire, but is a huge improvement on our current one.

Maybe next year we will finally get a decent clash strip?
We had a decent clash strip for the last four years. Pity the club chose to cash in with this monstrosity.

Still really disappointed they sold out a part of the heritage that the members campaigned to bring back, even if only on the away strip.

Whilst I don't necessarily like the cartoon-ish and the randomness of using navy blue on the numbers and Dog outline, I do like the idea of a "creative" clash uniform. Our home uniform if perfect for its simplicity, but our clash uniform should be used to market to kids, add a bit of design magic and so forth.

So I don't get the vitriol toward the guernsey. I don't love the guernsey, but I don't buy the arguments "that we had a fine one before" because frankly I think it was too plain and boring.

Whilst I don't necessarily like the cartoon-ish and the randomness of using navy blue on the numbers and Dog outline, I do like the idea of a "creative" clash uniform. Our home uniform if perfect for its simplicity, but our clash uniform should be used to market to kids, add a bit of design magic and so forth.

So I don't get the vitriol toward the guernsey. I don't love the guernsey, but I don't buy the arguments "that we had a fine one before" because frankly I think it was too plain and boring.

Agree, the old white kit with hoops was a bit bland in that colour scheme. I get that the guernsey has to be 70% (or is it 80%) white to conform with the AFL policy but surely the design team could have done something better than just stick the vector of the dog on the front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back