Silly Footy Sayings

Remove this Banner Ad

"And thats a Clive Peeters goal of the day"

"eee eee eeasy"

I mean, how many contenders for goal of the day can there be in one match?

I actually don't mind that. They had a field day with the Wilbur Post recording with Jaydyn Post playing on the weekend.

Hello.:D

"The next goal is crucial" .... geee you think ... in a game where scoring goals is the objective, the next one is crucial ??????? ??///

I actually don't mind that. They had a field day with the Wilbur Post recording with Jaydyn Post playing on the weekend.

Hello.:D

Yeah to be honest i dont mind it either!
But to hear eee eee eeasy get played when you're side is down,
Just Kill me!
Maybe they could play it once or twice per game rather than flog it 3 times a quarter.

Yeah to be honest i dont mind it either!
But to hear eee eee eeasy get played when you're side is down,
Just Kill me!
Maybe they could play it once or twice per game rather than flog it 3 times a quarter.

The best one of these was when a side just made mistake after mistake and it eventually resulted in the opposition kicking a goal and Rex Hunt exclaims as only he can "AND THAT'S A CLIVE PEETERS STUFF-UP OF THE DAY!"

*eee eee eeasy*

I had to laugh :D

yeah, nah

On the contrary, this is the greatest expression ever invented.

It is a footballers dream answer: it allows every footballer to answer any question he is asked, without having to commit himself to say "yes" or "no"

yeah, nah FTW ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it's a horse racing saying originally actually, but not sure about that, and not sure of how it came about.

So, all in all, I'm a big help. :thumbsu:

back in the 1890's during the great coco shortage, Chocolate was at a premium. So many clubs offered to pay their players in highly sort after chocolate if they managed to win, hence the term, "got the chocolates."

"he looks a lively type" .. worst "saying" in footy i reckon .. of course they are a LIVELY type .. they are ALIVE ARENT THEY .. worst saying ever

The 'quarterback role'. Just call them half back flankers or rebounding defenders.

yeah this pisses me off also, its not gridiron ffs. imagine if a gridiron commentator started using hbf, ff etc positional names, the red necks would go ape shizen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back