Silly Season.... Recruiting and other nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So any news on the rats did they end up picking up those guys from up north or was it all just crap??
From what i have heard it was just a load of plop but not 100% sure on it though

Anyone heard rumors regards serious injuries to several Horsham players? Two top line senior players maybe sidelined for the year if not life due to serious back related injuries!

Anyone heard rumors regards serious injuries to several Horsham players? Two top line senior players maybe sidelined for the year if not life due to serious back related injuries!
Yeah, Scotty Bachelor has osteo arthritis and needs to drink more milk at his age..he could break a hip.:D

Yeah, Scotty Bachelor has osteo arthritis and needs to drink more milk at his age..he could break a hip.:D
Batch is having problems with his finger. He injured it during last season and some knobhead doctor told him there was nothing wrong with it. After the season he went and saw another doctor turns out it was slightly dislocated and he had played the rest of the season with Dilocated finger. He's has to get surgery on it to put it back because its been sitting on the side of the middle knuckle for too long.
This is what a workmate of his told me.

Hey Patrick O’Meara. Not sure if you already have an alias on big footy but it would be great to have you having some input as yourself. I was surprised to see the dribble we go on with here made it to the pages of your paper. Big footy is a great way for people to throw some ideas around about our League and country footy in general but a lot of that conversation should be in the broader media. The Mail Times has a role to play in the debate around restructuring Leagues etc.
It’s a shame that the only discussion that has made it to the paper was a lie about a small town coach. I would love to see some of the other issues raised put to league administrators and club presidents. Most people would love to see an open discussion around player payments etc.

Patrick O'Meara is still reading the Dummies guide to Australian Rules Football. He knows nothing of the game and is a poor reporter. He also makes things up as well as changing and bending his phone interviews. IMO Megan Husthwaite did a really good job and i think Noodles macfarlane thinks so to.

I would rather read Bullsh"t on Bigfooty then read your articles O'Meara.

Think jordy burke is the bloke your talking about, has a serious back injury and could struggle to suit up this season.

Where you been Slenko? Maybe getting a little carried away with Jordy Burke. He's got two bruised heels after a slight tumble off a roof collecting a stray footy (pissed). Still looks a bit NTTAWWTy walking around on his tippy toes but should be right in a few weeks.

Where you been Slenko? Maybe getting a little carried away with Jordy Burke. He's got two bruised heels after a slight tumble off a roof collecting a stray footy (pissed). Still looks a bit NTTAWWTy walking around on his tippy toes but should be right in a few weeks.

Hi PP

Been a fraction busy. Working long hours. My info suggests Jordy has more serious problems whilst another leading player has been told to rest for at least 5 weeks or risk some permanent damage. That's football though. How many footballers have been told by medical staff to give up footy?

If they all listened we would not have footy forums like this one.

Don't worry about newo croweater, you shouldn't take any notice of what a little red nut who isn't up to district league ones has to say. When newo gets over his case of small man syndrome he may have something decent to say.

mate i seen stawell's likely side in the paper the other day, and if thats the best side you've got i dont think i'd have too much trouble getting a game!!!

mate i seen stawell's likely side in the paper the other day, and if thats the best side you've got i dont think i'd have too much trouble getting a game!!!
That was a predicted best line up I agree as does most of the team that it was a pretty poor team even for a predicted one. People were playing out of positions all over the joint.

This could be why I only saw about 8 or 9 senior players at training the other day. Bruce Hardigan also says that junior numbers are way down.
Could the Titanic be starting to crack before sinking??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Slenko, good to have you back. Sorry about the rip in, did'nt mean any harm. Do you know what the state of City oval is at the moment? Looks like the League is looking to play even more games there in 09. Do you think it will cope?

About a month ago the city oval looked fantastic. Since then the basin where the water is drawn from has gone dry. It may just be holding up as the weather has cooled of.

Not sure it will handle being trained on 4 nights a week and being played on 2 days on the weekend. Also not fair if United and Horsham are made train else where so that it can be played on twice on weekend. These clubs pay big money to be there and should be allowed to train there and not incur additional cost of alternative training venue.

If we get a wet winter though no hope.

Fancy,
Unfortuantely i can't give this site any air time as the sports broardcast is full for this year with constant updates of our magnificent under 13 b grade Volleyball team and there wonderfull exploits.
And remember ......Weather details are next!!!!

Gold. I can't wait to get my daily fix of volleyball updates.

Easier for Mr O'Meara to trawl Bigfooty than do some proper journalism. Mail-Times should stick to trying to undermine this country's democratic foundations through picking councillors before elections.

Wet winter…….. just old enough to remember those I think. I would imagine it would all turn to mud without any root system? What are the chances of the Dirty Birds going back to their roots and playing at North Park?

North Park has probably one of the better playing surfaces in the area, but no that will not happen. They have their social rooms at city oval that is their base. I could not imagine them accepting such a move, even it be for training purposes only.

Coming from a battler in a lowly district league side that has never had the guts to try wimmera league??? I don't know how you keep that giant ego in such a small frame.

Coming from a battler in a lowly district league side that has never had the guts to try wimmera league??? I don't know how you keep that giant ego in such a small frame.
Can't speak for seniors(I'm s**t) but in the seconds, there really isn't that big a difference in quality from LPFL seconds to WFL seconds-this "Mighty Wimmera League" mentality is just head up your arse mentality

Can't speak for seniors(I'm s**t) but in the seconds, there really isn't that big a difference in quality from LPFL seconds to WFL seconds-this "Mighty Wimmera League" mentality is just head up your arse mentality

No the bottom few in the wimmera are not really that much better then lexton league but when you see the top few teams playing a better brand of footy than some cashed up district teams. It shows the large difference in depth between district and major leagues.

The Wimmera League is by far a better standard Tex. If you want to debate the bottom two reserves sides of any given League then your really having a different debate.
As I said, I'm rubbish and will never play seniors, but there is also a view that WFL seconds is above LPFL seniors (minority view). THis is utter rubbish. Take your word on the ones though-seen much LPFL?

Hey Warrack, still reckon Lang is gone?

Not according to The Mail Times he said he dosn't know where that rumor came from he saw it on big footy forum so unless The Eagles finish last for a a season or 2 that be the only excuse of sacking a coach not when they made the finals in his first year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back