Streaming SILO - Apple TV+

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
In the future 10,000 people live in a vast underground civilisation that has an unknown origin. Their only knowledge of the world on the surface is through windows that show a bleak, toxic desolation. Any relics of life before the silo are strictly prohibited.

It's got a quality cast. The production values, set design and world building are all good. There's a good slow reveal of what's going on to make you keep watching and they like to leave you on a cliffhanger.

In the future 10,000 people live in a vast underground civilisation that has an unknown origin. Their only knowledge of the world on the surface is through windows that show a bleak, toxic desolation. Any relics of life before the silo are strictly prohibited.

It's got a quality cast. The production values, set design and world building are all good. There's a good slow reveal of what's going on to make you keep watching and they like to leave you on a cliffhanger.

Is that Exit Music(for a film) by Radiohead playing under the trailer?

Has Snowpiercer vibes.

Did you catch this split second moment in ep 3 when they switched the generator off?

Didn't pause it but did think, what did I see. And did think, did some people see something in that room when it flashed off.

I have my theory on what happens when people go to the surface. Could be totally wrong if course.

are the suits fitted with poison

Didn't pause it but did think, what did I see. And did think, did some people see something in that room when it flashed off.

I have my theory on what happens when people go to the surface. Could be totally wrong if course.

are the suits fitted with poison

This is my theory on who is running the world on the surface.

Seeds is watching.

has been solid start. I like how it kills main characters. keeps the story moving. 4th episode the weakest.

How did the main character survive the steam in ep 3? They have been down their 100 years and never stopped the generator for maintenance? Really?

But my real bugbear here is the economics. why are their houses filled with so much decorative things and how do they have such nice clothes and working computers? i dont get how they source the large variety of resources to make all this stuff? Not only do they need access to the outside but trading networks that can source resources from thousands of miles to get this sort of variation in manufacturing production.

hopefully at some point we get an ep that focuses on how the silo works economically.

and why did they not put elevators in given they clearly have more advanced tech?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt mind ep 4. Was never going to have the tension of the last Ep, but thought it was a good world building episode. Good backstory stuff.
Certainly the weakest of the episodes but the first 3 were very strong.

I don't want to be too cynical but this better not be one of those shows that drags you in with a strong start just to pad out the rest of the season with a bunch of much weaker filler.

Half way through Ep 5 and it’s starting to feel a bit like this…I’ve bailed for the time being

Last edited:
I don't want to be too cynical but this better not be one of those shows that drags you in with a strong start just to pad out the rest of the season with a bunch of much weaker filler.

I have started putting it on FF at times. In ep 5 Ferguson and the Judicial random chasing up and downstairs, Common and the random having a chat on the balcony - were both very predictable scenes that didn't progress what we know about this strange future world.

Many of the US produced shows feel the need to have 10 episodes where the material perhaps merits 6 or 8. It started off really well. Hopefully they get it back on track in the final few shows.

I have started putting it on FF at times. In ep 5 Ferguson and the Judicial random chasing up and downstairs, Common and the random having a chat on the balcony - were both very predictable scenes that didn't progress what we know about this strange future world.

Many of the US produced shows feel the need to have 10 episodes where the material perhaps merits 6 or 8. It started off really well. Hopefully they get it back on track in the final few shows.

This

Can you ring me when it gets good?

Ta thx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back