Silvagni Sacked - Jack arcs up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, now comes the differing opinion line......
It’s flog posting 101
It’s more the time of the year when flogs post with condescension and sarcasm.
Congratulations, you’re leading the pack.
Nothing sarcastic or condescending about my post.

You’re taking offence to a differing opinion about a player who is borderline best 22 in a bottom three side.

Development of better players should push him out of a successful Carlton side. Hardly an outrageous or unrealistic comment based on what we have seen of him so far.

Jack is the perfect example of a solid fringe player / useful depth. He's not a star, but he doesn't need to be.
You are right
It’s more his younger brother Ben is lucky his surname is silvagni. If his surname was smith I don’t know if he would have been looked at as his under 18 form was nothing special

You can't even give constructive criticism to Carlton supporters without them having a sook, bringing up examples of similar s**t players from the accusers team thinking it will ruffle them. Most other teams supporters know their vfl quality players are just that. A class below. Why can't Carlton supporters. The Silvagni boys are not the first father sons to not be up to it.

You can't even give constructive criticism to Carlton supporters without them having a sook, bringing up examples of similar s**t players from the accusers team thinking it will ruffle them. Most other teams supporters know their vfl quality players are just that. A class below. Why can't Carlton supporters. The Silvagni boys are not the first father sons to not be up to it.

Interesting first post on the topic.

Maybe if there was some substance to the discussion we may respond with a greater inclination to engage in discussion?

I think it's more of the case that Carlton supporters are yet to see "constructive criticism".

Just so you know, none of us here are necessarily lifting the Silvagni boys on a pedestal. It is just the media not shutting up about them and the opposition nuffies like you, who constantly feel the need to apply more pressure on the kids.

How so you say? Well it seems to me that you apparently have a crystal ball and know they "aren't up to it" when one has already shown signs of promise and the other has just finished his first year like 100 other players.

Sorry to intrude,
I respected SOS and admired the way he played nothing scared this bloke.
The other thing is we have is as fans putting huge pressure on sons of former champions that get drafted to the team there father played.
Why do we do that I ask?
Yes it's reliving memories of times gone buy.
Don Bradmans son if he ever played cricket would be crucified on social media in our now modern day.

60 games in 4 years for Jack as a developing tall trying to find a position. Compare him to someone like Weideman from the same draft class and he’s doing fine. Projects as a really versatile 15-25 type as he builds a tank.

Ben has a fair bit to improve on and would want to show more this year but what first year player doesn’t have similar goals, particularly talls. I can’t remember a more highly scrutinised fourth round pick, not since Jack anyway...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back