Silvagni Sacked - Jack arcs up.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL players can say/write some dumb things when they are blinded by the opportunity for likes. Of course it's a joke, but it's a pretty stupid thing to do in the circumstances.

I don't think he was after likes. I think he was making a point.

God you blues are slow. Love how I get the blue mods to entertain. I said 6 wins by round 22, how long is the season?

So don't be a dolt. If you believe the blues will improve you think 8 plus wins. I believe they won't win more then 7.

So you put up or shut up. You are the one wanting to bet, so let's do it
Ladies and gentlemen this is called “attempting to style it out”.

Pathetic.

AFL players can say/write some dumb things when they are blinded by the opportunity for likes. Of course it's a joke, but it's a pretty stupid thing to do in the circumstances.
And people whinge that there are no characters in footy any more.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
And people whinge that there are no characters in footy any more.

Jack Silvagni's a character? Why do people associate being a character with doing something idiotic or being a dickhead?

The only reasons Jack will ever be the subject of a main board thread are:
  • Something to do with his Dad
  • He gets arrested
I'm not especially fussed about what he's done but no good can come out of it and it's a gift for today's journalists who would much prefer to trawl Twitter for "<<Insert club here>> is in crisis" stories than to get off their arses and find something newsworthy.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Jack Silvagni's a character? Why do people associate being a character with doing something idiotic or being a dickhead?

The only reasons Jack will ever be the subject of a main board thread are:
  • Something to do with his Dad
  • He gets arrested
I'm not especially fussed about what he's done but no good can come out of it and it's a gift for today's journalists who would much prefer to trawl Twitter for "<<Insert club here>> is in crisis" stories than to get off their arses and find something newsworthy.
Actually thought J Silvagni was ok at times this season for Carlton.
Probably won't be a star but would be best 22

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What a load of (typical) carlton self-flagellation. Did no "responsible" board member notice that SOS had drafted sons? Hint: the clue is in the surname? Now, that same responsible group of board members say "conflict of interest." What took them so long to reach the wrong conclusion?
Cause it's obvious now that they're spuds and should be cut. 5 years ago, they could have put Ricky May on their list and it wouldn't have mattered. But now that their list is coming good, cloggers like Silvagni clearly need to go.

What if SOS disagrees? It's either a conflict of interest, or a perceived one.

However, having said that - I was told by someone at Carlton (I know right, for the first time ever I actually have some straight up ITK s**t!) months ago that SOS was leaving/getting the arse.

This certainly isn't a new development.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
At the end of that run, you will be only on 6 wins by round 22, that's with me being generous giving you 5 wins by round 16. Huge improvement that lel..

Wanna make a bet on that?

Happy to. I bet the blues will not win more then 8 games next year so zero improvement

God you blues are slow. Love how I get the blue mods to entertain. I said 6 wins by round 22, how long is the season?

So don't be a dolt. If you believe the blues will improve you think 8 plus wins. I believe they won't win more then 7.

So you put up or shut up. You are the one wanting to bet, so let's do it

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
What a mess Carlton has created for itself. Recruiting SOS when they knew he had two sons who were likely father son prospects and then turning around and saying that recruiting his sons has created a conflict of interest even though Jack was drafted in 4 years ago.

Slap in the face to club legend and the clubs supporter base. This kind of politicking at a footy club usually trickles down to the players. Elite performance requires a kind of singular focus and having the footy department acting like a basket case is a bad sign for 2020.

Here is hoping they go backwards in 2020. Will give Cripps a lot to think about heading in to his last year before becoming a free agent at the end of 2021.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
What a mess Carlton has created for itself. Recruiting SOS when they knew he had two sons who were likely father son prospects and then turning around and saying that recruiting his sons has created a conflict of interest even though Jack was drafted in 4 years ago.

Slap in the face to club legend and the clubs supporter base. This kind of politicking at a footy club usually trickles down to the players. Elite performance requires a kind of singular focus and having the footy department acting like a basket case is a bad sign for 2020.

Here is hoping they go backwards in 2020. Will give Cripps a lot to think about heading in to his last year before becoming a free agent at the end of 2021.

If that's the case, you better save up some top 10 draft picks.

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
If that's the case, you better save up some top 10 draft picks.

Geelong said the same thing.

We won't have any... sorry mate.

You'd be better off taking the compo pick than forcing a trade and getting a bunch of late first rounders off us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I said top 10 picks, you'll have to find them.

I can't remember what top ten picks are, it's been so long since we had any. Can you guys point us in the right direction on how to find them?

You won't be getting top 10 picks off us. You might get one off the AFL though.

Geelong said the same thing and that did not eventuate. You'd be best served to take the compo pick.

I read an article when Cripps re-signed. He was saying that after a bad loss he would momentarily think about whether he should go home (i.e. come and play for the eagles). Being the good guy that he is, he said he still believes that Carlton are going good places and wants to stick it out. If Carlton doesn't improve he will wonder whether it is all worth hanging around for. Sounds like the seed has already been planted. All that is needed is Carlton to continue acting like a basket case. If Cripps hasn't played finals footy in 12 months time, it could spell trouble for Carlton and their ability to retain him.

I can't remember what top ten picks are, it's been so long since we had any. Can you guys point us in the right direction on how to find them?

Geelong said the same thing and that did not eventuate. You'd be best served to take the compo pick.

I read an article when Cripps re-signed. He was saying that after a bad loss he would momentarily think about whether he should go home (i.e. come and play for the eagles). Being the good guy that he is, he said he still believes that Carlton are going good places and wants to stick it out. If Carlton doesn't improve he will wonder whether it is all worth hanging around for. Sounds like the seed has already been planted. All that is needed is Carlton to continue acting like a basket case. If Cripps hasn't played finals footy in 12 months time, it could spell trouble for Carlton and their ability to retain him.
You can’t remember the 2016 or 2017 drafts ?

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
You can’t remember the 2016 or 2017 drafts ?

I sure do remember them.

We had picks 13 at both drafts and took Venables (2016) and Brander (2017).

Just had a quick look and our last top 10 pick was 2010 and took Gaff at pick 4.

Hard to see us getting our hands on any top 10 picks anytime soon either. We simply don't have the currency :(

Last edited:

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Ladies and gentlemen this is called “attempting to style it out”.

Pathetic.

Style it out ? lel

My first post stated 6 wins by, again BY round 22. There is 23 rounds in a season, NOT 22. Thrawn decides to jump in, as he see's the whole Blue minnow crew lead by yourself jump in and asks for a bet. When money is on the line, yeah i state 8 wins as now this tiny poster decides to put a bet in. Nothings wrong with that, as before he asked, nobody wanted to bet, so there was no stretching of goal posts like the blue harpy claims, as the first post was just an opinion.

Then the bleating and flexing starts, which is actually pathetic Chief, you need to wash your glasses as your obviously blind.

After not having time to deal with kids, i decide to make it easier to hopefully get Thrawn to put up and REDUCE the wins to actually 7. That's right, not 9 or 10 ( that would be shifting goal posts to my favor), NO Seven and STILL the bleating and crying and insults.

So again and for the last time. Thrawn, you wanted to bet. Lets bet. I believe the blues WONT improve so 7 wins the same as this year. So you obviously want to bet that they will win 8 games or more and if so PM and we will lock it in and how much.

Stop deflecting you toads lel

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys

Always a worry for Carlton supporters. If making him captain is not enough we'll have to give him the vacant position that Sos had. :)

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Always a worry for Carlton supporters. If making him captain is not enough we'll have to give him the vacant position that Sos had. :)

Retaining Cripps is going to be a monumental task for the new (and likely inexperienced) list manager.

Good luck with it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back