Silver Lining

• Thread starter Power Mad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

P

Power Mad

After a shocking start on Thursday, things improved for Port fans with the parent team defeating the Eagles in the SANFL match. And seeing 'The Rest of South Australia' lose at home to the Western Mongrels will make the week ahead a little easier to bear...

Powermad I would suggest you print off the ladder now before the end of gee vs Freo I think its the last time PAP will be in the 8 this year.

Port down the bottom of the ladder after round #1 - WE WILL SEE THAT!

Powermad,

I think most people on this site agree with me when I say that the Power will not make the 8. They will need to win at least five games at an average of 20 points just to get their % back to 100.

They will struggle, I'm guessing they will win 7-9 games this season.

What do others think?

I agree. Port don't look potent enough up forward and they do not have any matchwinners apart from Wangas and Tredrea. They won't finish bottom as they have quite a few "middle-of-the-road" players(above average but nothing special) who when playing at home will lift and help win them games against other bottom eight clubs.

As for the Crows, the Bulldogs were just too strong in the end, but I'd like to see our lineup with Stevens, Caven, Bassett in the backlines and Marsh and Bond up forward. It was good for Rehn and Robran to get another game under their belts as well. I think it's important not to peak too soon but yet still show signs of improvement each week.
The Crows should beat the Maggies next week.

Foolish to make such predictions after one game. Last year Geelong won their first five straight and the premiers lost 3 of their first 4. Port were struggling to make the finals about half way last year, but then strung together 5 wins in a row.

Port were crap on Thursday, but that flogging should give the coach and players a real wake-up call.

They did make the finals in 1999 you know, and it's not like they've got an ageing or injury prone list (fingers crossed), so there's no reason to write them off after one game which no-one tipped them to win anyway.

Powermad,

You tell all of us Bomber fans not to rave on about last year, but you are always saying this and that happened last year. You should be the one getting over it, the only reason why you're clinging on to last year is because you know your beloved Port Pirie Power will not make the finals again for some years.

Hey Powermad and all you other Port supporters, I included the ladder here as this will be the highest you get on it all year.

Print it out and put it up on the wall at home and be proud of it, you are 10th, thats pretty good for a team from Port.

Essendon 1 1 0 0 156 62 251.61 4
West Coast 1 1 0 0 154 111 138.74 4
Western Bulldogs 1 1 0 0 131 108 121.30 4
Geelong 1 1 0 0 129 107 120.56 4
Richmond 1 1 0 0 94 92 102.17 4
Melbourne 1 0 1 0 92 94 97.87 0
Fremantle 1 0 1 0 107 129 82.95 0
Adelaide 1 0 1 0 108 131 82.44 0

Kangaroos 1 0 1 0 111 154 72.08 0
Port Adelaide 1 0 1 0 62 156 39.74 0
Brisbane 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Carlton 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Collingwood 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Hawthorn 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
St Kilda 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sydney 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

No, I'm telling you (as are your more sensible supporters) not to get too carried away after one game THIS year.

You must be either very young, or extremely immature, to be carrying on the way you do after what Carlton did to Essendon in the Prelim final last year. You should shut up and be grimly determined that last year's heartbreak must be kept in the forefront as the spur to go the next step this year.

Ignoring the pain of that one point loss against an inferior opponent and carrying on as if you are invincible is just going to add to the ridicule of your club if your team Bomb Out again.

People who might otherwise admire Essendon are instead going to hope that it does happen again - as a lesson to pricks like you.

The problem with you Port Supporters is that you are used to your SANFL team winning. But get used to losing with a team like that.

Like I said we are not carrying on about last year, you are. And none of us are saying we will go thru unbeaten, With the comp as good as it is that is almost impossible, that is why last years 18-4 was damm good. We have won 20 out of the last 22, one loss was by 9 points and the other by 1.

We are quietly confident this year, what we have all been saying is how bad Port are, not how we will be unbeaten, We are a good team, yours however is very very bad.

Just a reminder to all those that are getting carried away with their team's round 1 victory. Reality check fellas, there are 21 more rounds to go... anything can happen...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back