Similar Threads dropdown on new thread creation.

Remove this Banner Ad

I checked for a thread about this before I started another one and didn't see one despite there clearly already being one. I was just musing that it would be handy if the software could use the same sort of feature to analyse the title/op of your thread and throw up some options for threads you may have missed on the same topic that already exist before it allows you to post your new thread.

I checked for a thread about this before I started another one and didn't see one despite there clearly already being one. I was just musing that it would be handy if the software could use the same sort of feature to analyse the title/op of your thread and throw up some options for threads you may have missed on the same topic that already exist before it allows you to post your new thread.
Oh yeah definitely.

(Note to self: Ban this troll.)

But srs:

I believe it only searches for threads from the current board.

So, posting in the Feedback board it would not have picked this thread up.

But srs:

I believe it only searches for threads from the current board.

So, posting in the Feedback board it would not have picked this thread up.
Oh right. I didn't realise I was on another board now. So I'm not blind after all. Excellent news.

I think the point still stands though. Would potentially avoid multiple threads on the same topic on the same board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh right. I didn't realise I was on another board now. So I'm not blind after all. Excellent news.

I think the point still stands though. Would potentially avoid multiple threads on the same topic on the same board.

If the topic is on the same board, it will appear on the drop down if the search system figures it out.

If you use a descriptive thread title it will do the job.

Weeeeird...

I changed the settings a few minutes ago.
Okay it works for posting a new thread but it's opposite for reading existing threads. Not sure if that bothers you though.

Something that might bother you however is it seems to circumvent the swear filter;

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-24_14-9-54.png
    upload_2017-10-24_14-9-54.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:
Please can I have the option to collapse (permanently) the similar thread thing down the bottom
+1

A clickable button to collapse would be nice so it's still there if needed.

Okay it works for posting a new thread but it's opposite for reading existing threads. Not sure if that bothers you though.

Something that might bother you however is it seems to circumvent the swear filter;
Swear filter we can deal with. It only appears when people type it in so it's not a huge deal.

Please can I have the option to collapse (permanently) the similar thread thing down the bottom
Is it an issue if it is down the bottom? Is it interfering with another feature?