Universal Love Simmo announces Retirement :((

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Simmo so much. This is a sad day and the end of an era. Debut in 2003. Been kicking the leather around at AFL level since half our side were in nappies.

Great clubman who goes out with plenty left in the tank.

Not the end he deserves. Deserves some success after such a hard slog, and deserves a big send off from the Blues faithful.

Classy way to go though. Going out when he could have gone around again.

Batton is now passed. Time for the young brigade to take responsibility.

Thanks for everything Kade.

Not much I can say. Love the way he plays and always will. Absolute warrior. Probably means more coming from my Pies supporting mate, who lived through the 70s era teams... Simmo would be in his all time team just off his loyalty and courage alone.

I don't give a s**t about wins and losses with respect to judging his career. He was an incredible player. Made the most of himself, so many players should take note.

The one shining light from that shitful night back in 2002.

How you wrung 340+games out of that skinny body is a testament to your guts and determination, probably would have got to 350 games if it wasn’t for that cheap shot from that Collingwood piece of garbage (embarrassingly his name escapes me
Wellingham

My favourite ever Carlton player. A true champion of the game who bled blue. Congratulations on an amazing (yet somehow ridiculously underrated) career and I just have to thank you for the extreme loyalty, passion and heart that you have shown for this club. The Carlton Football Club will never be the same again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was 11 years old when Kade Simpson debuted. And 13 when he got a real crack at footy. It's safe to say that Kade Simpson is synonymous with Carlton in my eyes, having been a core part of our side for the majority of the time i have consciously and passionately supported the Carlton Blues.

There are few words to describe what Kade can do and did throughout his career. More courageous than his size should have reasonably permitted, effortless in his dedication to the club and craft. A carlton legend and one i'll never ever forget.

so going to miss the 60 kg wringing wet, tough as tungsten, heart and soul, bearded, lefty .....

Truly so sad right now :(

Love you Simmo, you never left anything out on the park.

tenor.gif

I could sit here and write a 10 paragraph post about how much love and respect I have for this man..... but I won't. So I'll just say this..... Thankyou Simmo for all that you have given us. You represent everything that is good about this club of ours and you deserved so much more success. Through our darkest years YOU were the one player we could ALWAYS rely on, you are and always will be my favourite Carlton footballer and the number 6 will always sit proudly upon my back....

images (1).jpeg

Also.....that beard

Courage personified.

I remember when he was the holder of the “most consecutive games” record till he was shirtfronted by Sharon Wellingham at the G and had his jaw broken. Had eyes only for the ball as he did his entire career. Never felt like jumping the fence more after seeing that incident live. :mad:

Bumped into him in Bali a couple of years ago and he was as nice a person as you could meet.

He will always be a true legend of the club.

I am even more impressed that he has retired whilst still playing some of his best footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back