Universal Love Simmo announces Retirement :((

Remove this Banner Ad

That there is called a continuum.

Nic played with the Doormat, who played with SOS's dad, (and SOS??) who played with Braddles, who played with Simmo
65 years of Royalty

Bradley and Simmo just missed eachother, Braddles retired in 2002 before Simmo was drafted but yes Doully did play with Serge and SOS.

Congratulations to Simmo on a long and celebrated career. Far from being the best player to ever represent the club talent-wise he was one of the most courageous and committed players who gave everything for the club. That makes him a champion and legend of this club.

I'm not sad, every champ retires, I'm happy for him to have been able to have had such a long career doing what he loved doing and am also happy that he was a Carlton player, he was one player who always did us proud.

I hope you'll accept a post from a non-Carlton supporter...

I'd like to toast Kade Simpson on a tremendous career, a player who is truly the definition of consistent. It didn't matter whether it was 2008 or 2020, whether Carlton was a good team or a crap one, beating up or getting beaten up by an opposition he was always there, always trying and always holding his own. A man who played the game fair and leaves people wanting more, what more can you want!?!? Oh, and also the best player at a proud club over the past 15 years.

PS: I'd also like to give a shoutout to him frequently wearing long sleeves- love that!

Quazza

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
So many different Simmo's": The skinny unassuming one, the thick bearded one (my favourite, before inner city hipsters took over that look) and finally the grey stumbled older statesman. Full respect from everyone that loves the game, gave it his all hard and tough but never a dog. Congrats on a great career and good luck.

😍

Screenshot_20200915_233720.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

juzz88

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2009
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Juventus
Really ticked off today. Not because Simmo is retiring, but because I haven't been able to cry about it. Must've used up my annual allotment of tears on Kreuze.

There's nothing I can say about him as a player that hasn't already been said. However, on a more personal note, I'm gonna be a dad in February. So now I see that photo of him with other club legends in a different light.

It made me realise that Simmo is gonna be the legend that I tell my kids about. I was lucky enough to see Sticks, SOS and Braddles at the end of their careers, but I was a kid. I was too young to appreciate Kouta in his prime, and Judd's best years were at West Coast.

Simmo is the first player I got to watch give his all for the club, week in, week out, no exceptions, for his entire career.

Kade Simpson is to me what Bruce Doull is to my old man, and I look forward to telling my kids all about him.

Thanks for the memories Kade.

Really ticked off today. Not because Simmo is retiring, but because I haven't been able to cry about it. Must've used up my annual allotment of tears on Kreuze.

There's nothing I can say about him as a player that hasn't already been said. However, on a more personal note, I'm gonna be a dad in February. So now I see that photo of him with other club legends in a different light.

It made me realise that Simmo is gonna be the legend that I tell my kids about. I was lucky enough to see Sticks, SOS and Braddles at the end of their careers, but I was a kid. I was too young to appreciate Kouta in his prime, and Judd's best years were at West Coast.

Simmo is the first player I got to watch give his all for the club, week in, week out, no exceptions, for his entire career.

Kade Simpson is to me what Bruce Doull is to my old man, and I look forward to telling my kids all about him.

Thanks for the memories Kade.
You and me both. I might throw in a yarn or two about the enigma that was Fevola, but Simpson is my Doull.

Not getting any easier. This one hurts like no other.

:blueheart: u Simmo
For your commitment to the footy club and your team mates. Especially those moments of courage that defied your size. I'll miss you and your left foot. Thank you and all the best for whatever comes next.

I'm gutted. :(

He was the heart and soul of the club during the dark times, put his body on the line constantly and tried to rev up his team mates to push on. One of my favourite memories of him was at half time vs Hawthorn, I think it was 2007, where we were getting pumped and everyone's heads were down. But not him. He was trying to will them back into the contest, verbally encouraging them not to give up.

He will be sorely missed. All the best in retirement Kade!

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton
Simmo gave us all so much...... He will be so sadly missed .

My two sons have never seen a side without him in it and they loved to cry out "BEEP BEEP " ala the road runner
when he took off on one of his signature bouncing runs .

Insanely brave and courageous, humble ,loyal and truly inspirational.

So much in common with the Great Kenny Hunter .

What this skinny kid brought to us only comes so very rarely and the hole you will leave will
be 100 fold the 75 kg you packed.
You grew into one of the most respected and loved players
across the whole competition of the past 18 years and the example you set will be your legacy.
My kids will tell theirs of your deeds.

A generational player that will slip quietly and with no fuss into club legend status where he belongs...... I think Bruce would approve. :thumbsu:

Thanks again Simmo ! We LOVE ya :)

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2013
Cabal headquarters
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wouldn't dare...
PS how much does it ******* SUCK that Kreuze and Simmo of all players don't get a proper sendoff from the fans
They better do a lap of honour for them at our first home game next year. With free tissues handed out at the gate.

Back