Universal Love Simmo announces Retirement :((

Remove this Banner Ad

I have had a black kelpie called SOS. (handsome with big feet)

I had a black/ grey heeler cross mongrel called BUZZ. (could he jump and misbehave)

Considered (briefly as my wife would kill me) a mastiff and calling it Patrick. :D

But right now I have yearning for a whippit.....noble creatures ;)

Stealing that idea if I ever get a Cane Corso. :D

Simmo has been a pillar of consistency throughout a generally troubling time for the club, barring brief forays into finals during the Ratts era. Never a superstar but a fantastically brave, professional, loyal, and calming presence that every club could use. It's time for others to take on the mantle but his contributions are reflected by the love from all Blues supporters and the respect he has from non-Blues.

Pffft...pedantics....

(thanks for the correction :) )

No worries, had to check up myself to make sure it wasn't my memory playing tricks on me as it sometimes does these days. That was more my motivation than anything else:) Regardless though, they were still both at the club in the same year, just didn't play together.

Someone mentioned Walsh as being the next one, let's hope he has that type of longevity in him, if he does he'll play 400, he started at Carlton 4 or 5 years younger than Braddles did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my team of the bravest players I've seen in 55+ years of watching this game, Kade gets a gig on one HBF, with Kenny Hunter on the other.
There will be reams written to honour the career of this Blue #6, but the most used word will be some variation of 'courage', followed by heart, durability, dedication, loyalty, fealty.

The Carlton FC will be a very different team to follow without Simmo's leadership.

Congratulations on getting everything out of yourself Kade. It is a trait much to be admired. The end comes even for the greats. Simmo is no doubt one of the greats at Carlton.

All the best with whatever comes next, Kade. Thanks for the memories.
Too one sided. Pick again ;)

Carlton Royalty

images

I really really like this photo a lot. Would literally sell my soul to have an afternoon in the company of these two great chaps.

Nothing going to lie, I am going to be quite the sobbing mess at the end of Saturday Night's Game.

Do I dare Hope the Boys have one final gutsy effort in them and get a win for Simmo ? As far as I am concerned I will forgive and forget all the bad losses they had this year (esp against Hawthorn, Collingwood and The Crows) if they can win for Kade Simpson against The Lions. Simmo truly deserves to leave the game on a famous win 💙💙💙
Two atypical footballers who broke the mould and dominated the game in their own way off the backline. Much love!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back