Universal Love Simmo announces Retirement :((

JEZZAS BLUES

Team Captain
Dec 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool Sturt
Good luck to the old fella a true star of the club i hope his efforts help to inspire others to step up..
He would be a good addition to our coaching ranks at some stage and i hope they can find an opening for him..

juzz88

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2009
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Juventus
Does anyone have any inside word on whether or not retiring was Simmo's decision, or if the club asked/told him to?

Was having a chat with a mate today and he gets the impression that he was asked to retire, whereas I assumed that he's decided that he's had enough and is ready to hang up the boots. Obviously neither of us have any inside knowledge, this is purely based on how we've each interpreted his speech.

Just curious.

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Does anyone have any inside word on whether or not retiring was Simmo's decision, or if the club asked/told him to?

Was having a chat with a mate today and he gets the impression that he was asked to retire, whereas I assumed that he's decided that he's had enough and is ready to hang up the boots. Obviously neither of us have any inside knowledge, this is purely based on how we've each interpreted his speech.

Just curious.

John Nicholls was asked to retire as a player, I wouldn’t read to much into it.

I just posted on another forum, but I haven't felt like this, since SoS retired.
I can't even find words Surrey. Many others have given fabulous tributes to him.
So richly deserved.
He is the very best of Carlton.

Last edited:
Back