Opinion Simmo is on very thin ice or he will be sanderson 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I say simmo because lots of other departments are under-performing and since e is the commander in chief, his head is on the chopping line. he either is too stupid to see it or he is too stubborn to change it. whats with his stock standard rehearsed press conference responses?? "we will look at the tape and look more closely". are you for real??
  • the midfield coaching team needs to be sacked. just have no clue or dont know what they want. if you looking for a specific player you communicate that with scouts. so they either have no clue or
  • scouts need to be sacked. when was the last time we recruited a decent midfield? masten was supposed to be a top 10 pick. sheppard was a top 10 draft supposed to be a midfield. wello was recruited as midfield. shuey is the only one who has actually performed in my opinion. Ill give Gaff a B+ because I only rate a player as A+ if they are a whole package- gaff aint. and please dont tell me its because he is a winger. if you are considered an elite AFL player, regardless of where you play, your fundemental KPI's are kicking skills, accumulating possession, tackle, and know how to shrug off tackles, 1%s and high game IQ. thats what makes you an elite, not just being good at few components. simple. same argument for priddis, redden, hutch. the only one who comes anywhere close to that criteria is Shuey and even he is not quiet there. so what the * is our coaching staff doing??
  • game plan- our game plan worked last year because it was new, teams didnt know how to counter it and we got blindsided. By we I mean coaching staff, because the moment you get figured out( like crows under sando or port under hinkley) you have to show versatility or in other words coaching smarts. thats what scott did two weeks ago against giants at skilled stadium and won them the game. why?? because plan A didn't work so he went to plan B and C.
so, all of that inefficiencies comes down to the head coach because e has to oversee all these areas and make a final call. he is either incapable of finding a solution( lose your job) or he is incapable of identifying the problem( also needs to get sacked). unless he has a plan which he must be providing to the board or e has to be shown the door. he is on very thin ice. the only change he has made to the midfield has been mainly due to injury or illness not form which is a disgrace.how could masten get game after game? how could lecras get a game after tat?? schofield looked like poo. these guys need to understand as a professional athlete, the expectation is to perform at a certain level, if not, very simple, wafl, get some form and come back in. they need to know that nobody in that team is gtd a spot because of their names or reputation rather than performance. thats a major cultural problem we are having. maybe simmo doesn't even have the power to make such calls. who knows.

Bottom line is- change is required, you cannot run a successful organisation if you're romantically involved( Gary Vee line), you have to make some tough calls. this 22 will not win us a flag, even if they do it will not be sustainable. Just like what Hawthorn and every other club would like to do. win or at least make prelim few years in a row if you have a premireship window.swans are another great example of how an organisation should be run, not for quick short term impact. long term plan and executed. swans will be there an about for another 3 to 4 seasons, mark my words. then they will rebuild and do it again. Cats are doing that now. pies will be there soon.

I say simmo because lots of other departments are under-performing and since e is the commander in chief, his head is on the chopping line. he either is too stupid to see it or he is too stubborn to change it. whats with his stock standard rehearsed press conference responses?? "we will look at the tape and look more closely". are you for real??
  • the midfield coaching team needs to be sacked. just have no clue or dont know what they want. if you looking for a specific player you communicate that with scouts. so they either have no clue or
  • scouts need to be sacked. when was the last time we recruited a decent midfield? masten was supposed to be a top 10 pick. sheppard was a top 10 draft supposed to be a midfield. wello was recruited as midfield. shuey is the only one who has actually performed in my opinion. Ill give Gaff a B+ because I only rate a player as A+ if they are a whole package- gaff aint. and please dont tell me its because he is a winger. if you are considered an elite AFL player, regardless of where you play, your fundemental KPI's are kicking skills, accumulating possession, tackle, and know how to shrug off tackles, 1%s and high game IQ. thats what makes you an elite, not just being good at few components. simple. same argument for priddis, redden, hutch. the only one who comes anywhere close to that criteria is Shuey and even he is not quiet there. so what the **** is our coaching staff doing??
  • game plan- our game plan worked last year because it was new, teams didnt know how to counter it and we got blindsided. By we I mean coaching staff, because the moment you get figured out( like crows under sando or port under hinkley) you have to show versatility or in other words coaching smarts. thats what scott did two weeks ago against giants at skilled stadium and won them the game. why?? because plan A didn't work so he went to plan B and C.
so, all of that inefficiencies comes down to the head coach because e has to oversee all these areas and make a final call. he is either incapable of finding a solution( lose your job) or he is incapable of identifying the problem( also needs to get sacked). unless he has a plan which he must be providing to the board or e has to be shown the door. he is on very thin ice. the only change he has made to the midfield has been mainly due to injury or illness not form which is a disgrace.how could masten get game after game? how could lecras get a game after tat?? schofield looked like poo. these guys need to understand as a professional athlete, the expectation is to perform at a certain level, if not, very simple, wafl, get some form and come back in. they need to know that nobody in that team is gtd a spot because of their names or reputation rather than performance. thats a major cultural problem we are having. maybe simmo doesn't even have the power to make such calls. who knows.

Bottom line is- change is required, you cannot run a successful organisation if you're romantically involved( Gary Vee line), you have to make some tough calls. this 22 will not win us a flag, even if they do it will not be sustainable. Just like what Hawthorn and every other club would like to do. win or at least make prelim few years in a row if you have a premireship window.swans are another great example of how an organisation should be run, not for quick short term impact. long term plan and executed. swans will be there an about for another 3 to 4 seasons, mark my words. then they will rebuild and do it again. Cats are doing that now. pies will be there soon.

Tldr but nice melt.

I'd say the issue lies in our recruiting tbh. The failure to identify that we haven't had a real CHF since Ash Hansen is damning. Was at teh Dogs game and it was so obvious that CHF is where we are lacking the most.

Simmo has to go Darling has to go. Losing Nic Nat might be the kick start we need, Recruitment is terrible Duggan sucks. Some real rubbish coming out today.... We sure know how to Melt on this board !

Yeah definitely but it comes down to a one dimensional Midfield and Simmo knows it he's been talking about it for a few weeks.

Surely we can give him a bit of slack and see how he goes about fixing it.
Don't get me wrong, I know it's down to a one dimensional, s**t midfield. And happy to keep Simmo but I think he needs help from a strong tactical assistant coach. As far as Darling goes, I'd only trade him if we had a reasonably competent replacement on the go (McCarthy) and we got a very good dynamic midfielder back in the deal.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's down to a one dimensional, s**t midfield. And happy to keep Simmo but I think he needs help from a strong tactical assistant coach. As far as Darling goes, I'd only trade him if we had a reasonably competent replacement on the go (McCarthy) and we got a very good dynamic midfielder back in the deal.
rather we get coniglio for darling. Giants will most likely lose patton so a darling will be a perfect third tall if we offer him. We just can't be conservative anymore, our list is average and with some very good young sides bobbing up, we might have to wait another decade to taste premiership success. Tom Mitchell and Coniglio could be our solution in the next couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We recruited this man to help on the tactical side ....
Screenshot_2016-06-13-21-46-36.png

rather we get coniglio for darling. Giants will most likely lose patton so a darling will be a perfect third tall if we offer him. We just can't be conservative anymore, our list is average and with some very good young sides bobbing up, we might have to wait another decade to taste premiership success. Tom Mitchell and Coniglio could be our solution in the next couple of years.
I posted a potential trade in another thread, Darling and our first for Coniglio, McCarthy and Pickett. Probably needs more from our side though.

I'm assuming that's Wardrop? Doing a sterling job so far....
Honestly think it's a cattle problem this year. And other clubs have worked out our game plan. Every team studies the game plans of grand finalist in the off season.

It's now up to Wardrop to find a solution i watch with interest.

Honestly think it's a cattle problem this year. And other clubs have worked out our game plan. Every team studies the game plans of grand finalist in the off season.

It's now up to Wardrop to find a solution i watch with interest.
Hopefully he comes up with something, but as you say it looks like the cattle aren't up to it this year

I posted a potential trade in another thread, Darling and our first for Coniglio, McCarthy and Pickett. Probably needs more from our side though.
Don't need mccarthy. freo can have him. we dont need another pea heart in the side. Don't know too much about pickett but he seems more like a HFF than a genuine small crumber. The longer it goes, the more likely Gaff won't re-sign so i hope we can get a good deal for him. In the mean time we need to get yeo and Duggan to get fitter and try and fill the void Gaff leaves behind.

Don't need mccarthy. freo can have him. we dont need another pea heart in the side. Don't know too much about pickett but he seems more like a HFF than a genuine small crumber. The longer it goes, the more likely Gaff won't re-sign so i hope we can get a good deal for him. In the mean time we need to get yeo and Duggan to get fitter and try and fill the void Gaff leaves behind.
My idea was to move McGovern to CHF, Barrass to CHB and play McCarthy as the third tall in the forward line. Pickett is more just someone to take a flyer on in the off chance he turns in to something.
Yeh can't see us getting a player back in a Gaff deal, will be a pick I think. Unless the bulldogs would send us back a package involving Johannisen.

same argument for priddis
Ouch :(

matt_priddis_brownlow_1a20akq-1a20am4.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back