Roast Simmo - Time for a shave

Remove this Banner Ad

Really pleasing that Simmo has started to find the form we all know to well.
Clearly the hit from Wellingham really shook him up, and he is now only starting to re-discover his old self.
What's pleasing now is that we have a 5 week stretch against oppostion that we should beat - and a really good chance for Simmo to consolidate on his last couple of weeks.

Bumpity-bump-bump-bump...

Heard on SEN this morning that Simmo is gonna shave the beard soon....

....to raise money for kids with Down Syndrome. Doing it his way, like he has his whole career but with a constant eye on the common good.

I cannot tell you how happy I am for Simmo that he turned his season around and is a good chance to take home his first John Nicholls Medal.

Goodonya Simmo for sticking it to the haters. You are Navy Blue through-and-through.

I :hearts: Simmo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So proud of Simmo- a stand up guy on and off the field. Very sad his beard has to be sacrificed but it's for an excellent cause.
Going to shave the beard on Before the Game. Maher and Hughes to fight over the beard cuttings.

Bit worried though he's doing it on the Grand Final episode of BTG. I mean what if he loses his strength/power just before the Grand Final! Just saying, it happened to Sammo a couple thousand years ago.

I must admit... I've a lot of love for Simmo... but geez, I'd put him back in the twos if I thought that would do him good... unfortunately I think if he goes back into the twos he's probably gone for good.
Good thing they followed my advice and didn't put him back into the twos... :oops:

Obviously Simmo isn't playing bad cause he has a beard. But as the beard gets bigger and bigger, all it's doing is giving people a reason to talk about him & couple it with his bad form.

Simmo is my favourite. Has been since the beginning. However, to say he's been below average this year is an understatement. Whether he is struggling with Mick's game plan or just out of touch, I don't know. But God, the old Simmo who runs the ball up the ground, hits his targets and doesn't sell his teammate into trouble better come back QUICK.

The old Simmo, even a better Simmo, arrived pretty quickly and came home late in the season on a wet sail. Congrats again Simmo. Please grow the beard back though, I enjoyed calling you Beardo at the footy and getting weird stares from non-Carlton supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back