Simmo's Class Warfare

Remove this Banner Ad

I kind of get it but it’s extremely dumb to say it.
A good example of that attitude is available for everyone to see who gets bored on the odd winter Saturday and actually can stay awake watching the rugby union.

rugby union has this attitude and it has made it a fringe sport.
Tye wallabies would be twice as good if they actually looked outside the private school spectrum - half the blokes playing NRL could have been turned into outside backs, fly halves, halfbacks or loose forwards and would be as good as if not better than the blokes they’ve got, but didn’t go to the right school or have a hyphenated surname

Does Rugby Union have as many issues with players as league?

Because league seems to have some ******* awful blokes playing it.

This thread is a great example of views in Australia.

Always a group of people who want to see the worst in anything

And there's always a group who sees no issues with something because it doesn't affect them.

He's had an absolute mare here. I get the rationale behind not having the staff to deal with players with off-field issues and choosing to draft safe in the future but to provide examples of what might constitute good and bad is an absolute joke.

Saw this in the West this morning and was quite blindsided.

So according to Simpson:

Must go to private school
Must have a mother and a father
Must whatever else I can't remember

IMO he is drowning and wants to go out screeming.

How many people have endured a tough life and still made it through? I know a few in my family.

Oh, Simpson. I didn't go to a private school but when I went to tertiary education everyone is equal. I saw no advantage in private schooling once at University.

Simpson can GAGF. I expect he will backtrack and say his comments were taking "out of context".

Bullshit. That's what he stated, and that was the inference of the article. It's an absolute copout to state that it's down to interpretation, when he literally explained his definition of a 'draftable player' as 'has two parents... comes from a good stable home...goes to a private school.' That is not interpretation, and you're defending the indefensible based on pure tribalism if you say it is.

You are trying to crucify the guy based on what you have read in the media. Lazy, lazy ..... then you claim expertise.
Do your homework before you leap on a borrowed milk crate & try hard to put Simmo down.
His actions DO speak louder than your words. You might be ignorant of anything beyond a media report.

I was educated in the public school system.

My mother and father don't live together.

I reckon I do okay.

But Simmo reckons I wouldn't be worth the trouble because there's a very slim chance "people like me" are more at risk of mucking up at some point in time in the future?

He's had an absolute mare here. I get the rationale behind not having the staff to deal with players with off-field issues and choosing to draft safe in the future but to provide examples of what might constitute good and bad is an absolute joke.

This.

You are trying to crucify the guy based on what you have read in the media. Lazy, lazy ..... then you claim expertise.
Do your homework before you leap on a borrowed milk crate & try hard to put Simmo down.
His actions DO speak louder than your words. You might be ignorant of anything beyond a media report.

And you're clearly ignorant of the rampant inequality that exists in this country - and how your elitist coach and his mentality are indicative of it.

Ignored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this in the West this morning and was quite blindsided.

So according to Simpson:

Must go to private school
Must have a mother and a father
Must whatever else I can't remember

IMO he is drowning and wants to go out screeming.

How many people have endured a tough life and still made it through? I know a few in my family.

Oh, Simpson. I didn't go to a private school but when I went to tertiary education everyone is equal. I saw no advantage in private schooling once at University.

Simpson can GAGF. I expect he will backtrack and say his comments were taking "out of context".

Remember you werent getting a job when you went to Uni. Where you went to school didnt get you a job, you got that on ability.

The article was actually in 'The West Australian', but sure, keep defending this position based on pure tribalism.

I wrote my thesis on inequality in Australia, so I can guarantee the only 'dunces' in here are you and your ilk.

The fact that you think the point is purely about what the AFL is doing, and not about his actual mentality when it comes to public school kids being problematic and being the ones who need help - says you're the one who has no idea about the level of structural inequality in this country writ large.
You're completely missing the point. The comments he made about schooling or home situations were phrased poorly but it wasn't the point he was trying to make, as I have referenced before with his prior comments. The avocation of a higher soft cap is to help with having a more diverse group of players. What is wrong with this?

Don't expect a medal for your thesis either. Nobody cares and referencing your academic history during a discussion about an AFL coach is completely cringe.

I was educated in the public school system.

My mother and father don't live together.

I reckon I do okay.

But Simmo reckons I wouldn't be worth the trouble because there's a very slim chance "people like me" are at risk of mucking up at some point in time in the future?

He will back track. But how do you think the players in his list that don't meet his "criteria" will feel?

What a piece of s**t. He is an AFL senior coach. I don't see him on the front line as a Dr saving people lives.

Does Rugby Union have as many issues with players as league?

Because league seems to have some ******* awful blokes playing it.

absolutely it does, there are some complete and utter *******s playing league. The jack de belin case was sickening - even if he was innocent of the charge, ‘here’s $50 to keep your mouth shut’ is the mark of an utter c**t.

but league is also a cross section of general society. Has its *******s and it’s good people.

rugby - and trust me half the people playing it may Be able to speak English properly or have a cupboard of nice suits but having played it myself they are simply better at keeping their *******tery out of the news - doesn’t have as many out and out criminals but the fact is as a team and a product, the ARU price themselves out of the game befor it’s even kicked off by virtue of who they will and won’t bring through the system

And you're clearly ignorant of the rampant inequality that exists in this country - and how your elitist coach and his mentality are indicative of it.

Ignored.

You seem wet behind the ears, have you ever held a real job or are you cloistered in academia. Hired people, had to fire people ...

You're completely missing the point. The comments he made about schooling or home situations were phrased poorly but it wasn't the point he was trying to make, as I have referenced before with his prior comments. The avocation of a higher soft cap is to help with having a more diverse group of players. What is wrong with this?

Don't expect a medal for your thesis either. Nobody cares and referencing your academic history during a discussion about an AFL coach is completely cringe.

Actually I was referencing it due to the basis of being called a 'dunce.' I simply explained that inequality and these issues in our country are my area of expertise, so I probably have more understanding of the rampant structural issues, than idiots like you defending a coach on the basis of not being able to accept that your coach literally classed people on the basis of their upbringing.

Ignored.

So you agree with his choices of bad and good characters right? As you don’t seem to see the issue with what he said?

a private school kid with two parents = worth investing in

a kid from a public school system and a broken home = not worth investing in

absolutely it does, there are some complete and utter *******s playing league. The jack de belin case was sickening - even if he was innocent of the charge, ‘here’s $50 to keep your mouth shut’ is the mark of an utter c**t.

but league is also a cross section of general society. Has its *******s and it’s good people.

rugby - and trust me half the people playing it may Be able to speak English properly or have a cupboard of nice suits but having played it myself they are simply better at keeping their *******tery out of the news - doesn’t have as many out and out criminals but the fact is as a team and a product, the ARU price themselves out of the game befor it’s even kicked off by virtue of who they will and won’t bring through the system

We are talking about sports, a cross section of the community, not any particular strata of society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back