Simon’s Grousewins 2017-

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoyed the first couple of pages of the Saints 2017 Harmes thread so much that I went looking for it now. It’s Bigfooty at its best. Particularly notable where schmuttt pops in for a moment of guest like-whoring on page 2. Also I think the nameless ‘soft mullet’ guy that someone refers to is actually the Saints very own Dean Kent. He went through a terrible hair phase around about then.

ANB has nice hair
:eyes:

I enjoyed the first couple of pages of the Saints 2017 Harmes thread so much that I went looking for it now. It’s Bigfooty at its best. Particularly notable where schmuttt pops in for a moment of guest like-whoring on page 2. Also I think the nameless ‘soft mullet’ guy that someone refers to is actually the Saints very own Dean Kent. He went through a terrible hair phase around about then.

Always been partial to some like whoring on oppo boards (I actually like the saints though).

Aged brilliantly this one (User account is cancelled so just linking the quote).

One things for sure, not even WE could make Fatracca look any good!

Always been partial to some like whoring on oppo boards (I actually like the saints though).
Its a great board. They have some dead funny posters.

I did an experiment over a few weeks in 2015 or 16 or there abouts. Every time we lost (frequent back then) and I was in a s**t mood, I cheered myself by ironically making an appearance on the relevant opposition board and congratulating them on a really dominant game and said stuff like how they were likely to dominate in finals. I even stuck in some random crap like “Fyfe and Pav are two of my all-time favourite players” on the Freo board, same with Pendles on the Pies board etc. Payed off handsomely. I got so many like credits over 4 weeks that I could pretty much post junk that everyone hated for a good year and break even.

Its a great board. They have some dead funny posters.

I did an experiment over a few weeks in 2015 or 16 or there abouts. Every time we lost (frequent back then) and I was in a s**t mood, I cheered myself by ironically making an appearance on the relevant opposition board and congratulating them on a really dominant game and said stuff like how they were likely to dominate in finals. I even stuck in some random crap like “Fyfe and Pav are two of my all-time favourite players” on the Freo board, same with Pendles on the Pies board etc. Payed off handsomely. I got so many like credits over 4 weeks that I could pretty much post junk that everyone hated for a good year and break even.
So THAT'S how cryptocurrency works!

I'll never forget what James Harmes did that day - turned into Ablett Senior for a game with hangers, goals, candy sells, the lot - and what it did for my relationship with my Saints following mate.

A shiver runs down his spine to this day whenever he hears the name "Harmes"

I'll never forget what James Harmes did that day - turned into Ablett Senior for a game with hangers, goals, candy sells, the lot - and what it did for my relationship with my Saints following mate.

I’m his player sponsor and we had a chat with him on the sponsors event a few weeks back. My partner was quizzing him about how it felt to do that one-handed gather and kick to the advantage of Bailey Fritsch. He said ‘******* amazing’.

This all somehow led to a conversation about every game he played where I reckoned he really stood out. I started with round 23 against GWS in 2016(???) where he took some hangers. He said Jeremy Howe used to encourage him to just go for it. Moving in a forward direction from that point, he referenced his 2017 game and 3 goals in the first quarter before we even got to it. I get the sense he has mentally logged every single moment of good play during his entire career. He should really get a BF account - he would be perfect for this thread

I’m his player sponsor and we had a chat with him on the sponsors event a few weeks back. My partner was quizzing him about how it felt to do that one-handed gather and kick to the advantage of Bailey Fritsch. He said ‘******* amazing’.

This all somehow led to a conversation about every game he played where I reckoned he really stood out. I started with round 23 against GWS in 2016(???) where he took some hangers. He said Jeremy Howe used to encourage him to just go for it. Moving in a forward direction from that point, he referenced his 2017 game and 3 goals in the first quarter before we even got to it. I get the sense he has mentally logged every single moment of good play during his entire career. He should really get a BF account - he would be perfect for this thread
Kind of like how Glenn McGrath can do Rain Man with every Test wicket he took?

I reckon there's a new thread in this.

The James Harmes Commemorative Society of Players That Dominate a Specific Team

Harmes and Sylvia (RIP) the inaugural inductees.

Round 4 def Geelong 12.13.85 to 9.6.60

We were the better team all match but didn’t really put much of a gap in the game until the final quarter. This was Brayshaw to the backline’s origin story as Steven May was subbed out thanks to a fractured eye socket resulting from an errant Tom Hawkins elbow. Fritsch and Langdon kicked a pair of really good goals in the last to put the result beyond doubt. Petracca and Oliver were good in the middle and Pickett loomed ominously up forward. Fritsch booted four, Gawn dominated the ruck, Tom McDonald was busy across half forward and Viney laid a dozen tackles.

Round 4 def Geelong 12.13.85 to 9.6.60

We were the better team all match but didn’t really put much of a gap in the game until the final quarter. This was Brayshaw to the backline’s origin story as Steven May was subbed out thanks to a fractured eye socket resulting from an errant Tom Hawkins elbow. Fritsch and Langdon kicked a pair of really good goals in the last to put the result beyond doubt. Petracca and Oliver were good in the middle and Pickett loomed ominously up forward. Fritsch booted four, Gawn dominated the ruck, Tom McDonald was busy across half forward and Viney laid a dozen tackles.
I nearly FROZE at that game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back