Simon Cook recall ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
I read where Simon Cook has been recalled to the Australian team.Oops,I mean the NSW team for the MM match v SA on the weekend.

Does this mean next week he'll be in the Aussie team ?

Remember Cook and Anthony Stuart [where is he now ?] both played a couple of games for Australia.
HOW and WHY ?
Because they were playing for NSW.
Jason Arnberger must be spewing he moved to Vic a few years ago.He could of been the test opener with Slater.

------------------
"Its like something out of the twighlighty show about the zone".

BUBBALOUIS

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2001
Victoria, HAWTHORN, GLENF
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
leeds united
JUBJUB, youve just proven to me what an intelligent person you are, cant agree more, Simon Cook tried his luck back in Victoria last year and got no where even though we had a swag of injuries at one stage, Its twice as hard for anyone outside of NSW to get a look in, and just because our Test team is beating no hopers like the WI doesnt make the selection process right

GoEagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Anthony Stuart did take a hat-trick against Pakistan, but really never impressed me. I'm fair sure he played for the Comets for a seaon.

WCE2000

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2000
the pub
Just on the Anthony Stuart case.

He is captain of the Eastern Suburbs 1st Grade team in the Sydney Grade Competition, which is the same club i played all my 20-odd years of cricket with.

Hes actually doing very well, taking 20 or so wickets at an average under 20. Bowling better than he was when he played for Australia.

Nov 30, 2000
No longer in a premiership drought
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
LUFC/MSRLC/MVFC
Originally posted by WCE2000:
Just on the Anthony Stuart case.
Hes actually doing very well, taking 20 or so wickets at an average under 20. Bowling better than he was when he played for Australia.

Of course he would be bowling better, the standard of opposition would be inferior.

WCE2000

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2000
the pub
I meant bowling better as in much quicker and not anywhere near as round arm as he was.

BTW, the competition isn't that inferior because the grade competition is very strong.

Stuey's biggest problem is bowling on Waverley Oval. The deck there has nothing in it for fast bowlers at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back