Rumour Simon Goodwin resigning today?

Remove this Banner Ad

If true, Brett Ratten is a man of good character that could right the ship imo.

Regardless if this rumor is true - and I hope it is - questions need to be asked about how Goodin, with such a poor history, was ever hired by the club.

He should have been unemployable after being part of the Essendon doping program. Combine that with his gambling, alcohol, drug and violence issues, the bloke is a deadset f'wit and a cancer on the club.

He got very lucky to inherit Paul Roos' culture, it took a few years for the Goodwin Culture to sink in, and now we see what it is.

It's an injustice that he will be remembered as a premiership coach. If the players and support start listened to him Melbourne would not have won the GF.

Those that have helped cover up his behavior need to follow him out the door.

Regardless if this rumor is true - and I hope it is - questions need to be asked about how Goodin, with such a poor history, was ever hired by the club.

He should have been unemployable after being part of the Essendon doping program. Combine that with his gambling, alcohol, drug and violence issues, the bloke is a deadset f'wit and a cancer on the club.

He got very lucky to inherit Paul Roos' culture, it took a few years for the Goodwin Culture to sink in, and now we see what it is.

It's an injustice that he will be remembered as a premiership coach. If the players and support start listened to him Melbourne would not have won the GF.

Well said.
And Bartlett apologised to by the media and club

I mean, it could've been worse. You might've ended up with someone like Stewy Dew. I still think the key acquisition was Choco, whenever I saw Melbourne play he was basically doing individual coaching on the sidelines with all the players as they came off/prepared to enter the field.
Not sure he gets enough credit and imo would still be a more than capable replacement for Goodwin, you can tell the players love him to bits

I mean, it could've been worse. You might've ended up with someone like Stewy Dew. I still think the key acquisition was Choco, whenever I saw Melbourne play he was basically doing individual coaching on the sidelines with all the players as they came off/prepared to enter the field.
Not sure he gets enough credit and imo would still be a more than capable replacement for Goodwin, you can tell the players love him to bits
Agree with Choco - the skill work and player management he did was a huge difference. He and Darren Burgess are the reason Melbourne won a premiership.

If you get a chance to listen to the Blackie and Burgro podcast they go into a lot of what happened that season and that game. Basically, in the third quarter the players ignored Goodwin's instructions and it won them the game.

Stewy Dew's biggest issue was his fragile ego - if he was at Melbourne he would have demanded that Chooco and Yze be gone. He was scared of players respecting anyone more than him, so got rid of anyone he saw as a threat.

Sliding doors moment not having Chocco coach the Giants and that muppet Cameron instead

Obviously Melbourne board , major sponsors not happy with what has been unravelling at the club in recent times , I hope they retain Frankie Farina lover , with that group of players , he sure has made a cluster * of it all .

Hand picked by Roosy, who had the keys to the castle. No-one questioned a single decision he made in those couple of years he was there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hand picked by Roosy, who had the keys to the castle. No-one questioned a single decision he made in those couple of years he was there.
Roos panicked when Dew turned him down after originally agreeing, and Jackson went along with it. It was such an obviously bad decision at the time.

I think both Roos and Jackson had made commitments to their families about the length of time they would stay back in football and just got desperate. Their only mistake - but was a massive one.

Roos panicked when Dew turned him down after originally agreeing, and Jackson went along with it. It was such an obviously bad decision at the time.

I think both Roos and Jackson had made commitments to their families about the length of time they would stay back in football and just got desperate. Their only mistake - but was a massive one.

How bad can it be when you jagged a flag???

Mr Mayor Waiting GIF by NBC

And destroyed the Club?

Without Goodwin there Melbourne probably would have three premierships - their list has been the best in the league for a few years now.
The Giants had an alleged “Ferrari” but a dog 5hit coach couldn’t get them out of the garage.

You gotta be a good coach to win flags.

And to think it could have been Stewy Dews team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back