Rumour Simon Goodwin resigning today?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you get a chance to listen to the Blackie and Burgro podcast they go into a lot of what happened that season and that game. Basically, in the third quarter the players ignored Goodwin's instructions and it won them the game.

Do you remember which ep number? I don't want to listen to all 36

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I always assumed Goodwin was handpicked by Roos - he seemed to call all the shots during his tenure.
From memory Roosy wanted Buffet King Stewie Dew but he'd already committed to waste half a decade at GCS.

Nice doubling down
Why? Because I think LC was a total waste of time and should’ve been sacked circa 2018?

Look how gutless he was with selections in the lead up to 2019 GF which made us a *ing laughing stock.

Absolute pillock of a coach

I always assumed Goodwin was handpicked by Roos - he seemed to call all the shots during his tenure.
I assumed this. That he was number 2 after Dew turned it down
From memory Roosy wanted Buffet King Stewie Dew but he'd already committed to waste half a decade at GCS.
I thought it was to stay at Sydney.

Also who is defending Leon Cameron...leave the thread. A serviceable assistant coach. The one that throws up a handful of ideas and most are ignored but might have a good one in amongst them.

Why? Because I think LC was a total waste of time and should’ve been sacked circa 2018?

Look how gutless he was with selections in the lead up to 2019 GF which made us a *ing laughing stock.

Absolute pillock of a coach
Watching Phil Davis do his fitness test on field, literally carrying one leg behind him and proppy as all hell, but then turn out for the first bounce was one of the worst things I've seen in a match. Incredible that no-one pulled him up on it...

Watching Phil Davis do his fitness test on field, literally carrying one leg behind him and proppy as all hell, but then turn out for the first bounce was one of the worst things I've seen in a match. Incredible that no-one pulled him up on it...
Very selfish from Davis too.

Whitfield should also never have been the park that day.

We lost that GF the day we selected an unhealthy side.

Not quite. Roos had handpicked Dew, and offered him a senior assistant role with the promise of taking over as head coach. Dew was an assistant at Sydney.

Dew was under contract at Sydney. There's an unwritten rule with the coaches' association that teams will release an assistant coach under contract if he is being promoted to head coach at another club.

Dew said yes to Melbourne, but Sydney pushed back, and said they wouldn't release him as he was not moving to a head coaching role, Melbourne argued that he was, even though it was a couple of years away.

Dew and Melbourne were going to push it with the AFLCA, but Sydney convinced Dew to reject Melbourne's offer on the promise of an expanded role at Sydney and the idea that he would be better placed to take over a decent club after another couple of years at Sydney rather than going with (at the time) basket case Melbourne.

Not quite. Roos had handpicked Dew, and offered him a senior assistant role with the promise of taking over as head coach. Dew was an assistant at Sydney.

Dew was under contract at Sydney. There's an unwritten rule with the coaches' association that teams will release an assistant coach under contract if he is being promoted to head coach at another club.

Dew said yes to Melbourne, but Sydney pushed back, and said they wouldn't release him as he was not moving to a head coaching role, Melbourne argued that he was, even though it was a couple of years away.

Dew and Melbourne were going to push it with the AFLCA, but Sydney convinced Dew to reject Melbourne's offer on the promise of an expanded role at Sydney and the idea that he would be better placed to take over a decent club after another couple of years at Sydney rather than going with (at the time) basket case Melbourne.
That worked well then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where you heard that - I heard VERY differently.

That's part of it. But if Goodwin had his way on GF day Bulldogs would have won. Max Gawn and the Midfield group ignored Goodwin in the third quarter and blew the game apart.

Wow - dude this is hyperbole. Max suggested it to Goodwin and he agreed with it - shows he is flexible and respects input from players.

Very selfish from Davis too.

Whitfield should also never have been the park that day.

We lost that GF the day we selected an unhealthy side.
I have inside Intel on the Whitfield situation. It was actually pressure from Bartel who had the same surgery and came back to play and play well off the same recovery period.

The Doctors said he was able to play and not cause any damage but it was the Bartel pressure that ment Whitfield put his hand up to play.

I have inside Intel on the Whitfield situation. It was actually pressure from Bartel who had the same surgery and came back to play and play well off the same recovery period.

The Doctors said he was able to play and not cause any damage but it was the Bartel pressure that ment Whitfield put his hand up to play.
Very disappointing if that’s accurate

The Giants had an alleged “Ferrari” but a dog 5hit coach couldn’t get them out of the garage.

You gotta be a good coach to win flags.

I couldn’t believe Cameron lasted so long at GWS. I mean I’m glad he was there because GWS should’ve won at least 1 if not 2 flags during 2017-22.

Look at what Kingsley did in one season with a team that’s nowhere near as talented as what Cameron had.

I couldn’t believe Cameron lasted so long at GWS. I mean I’m glad he was there because GWS should’ve won at least 1 if not 2 flags during 2017-22.

Look at what Kingsley did in one season with a team that’s nowhere near as talented as what Cameron had.
Thank you for seeing sense.

He was an absolute spud and yet some Giants fans still think he did a good job 🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back