News Simonds Stadium Stage 4 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the game from home in Melbourne, but definitely noticed some good progress on our plasma. Took some screenshots of the game while putting the goals video together for YouTube. I like how it's been gradually surrounding the temp media stand.

Simonds_Stadium_01.png

Simonds_Stadium_02.png

Simonds_Stadium_03.png

Simonds_Stadium_04.png
That HD... :hearts:

Not sure who else here was relocated from the redevelopment section this year, but this afternoon I received the email regarding my membership options for next year.

To give some prospective to the prices, this year (and my previous years sitting Ablett Terrace Bay 2) I have had bronze reserve seating - $340 for adult membership & reserved seat this year, or $125 for the seat on top of the adult "home" membership.

I have been given 3 seating options for next year and this is how the new stand looks it will be priced:
- Social Club; $700 (pay before Dec 1), or $750 (payment after Dec 1)

- Brownlow Club, open seating in level 1, bays 9 & 10; (looks to be the former Ablett Terrace bays 1 - 3 area, and no guarantee of sitting same location as pre-redevelopment) - $500 for seating

- If you wish to move elsewhere in the Stadium:
- Players Club undercover (Players Stand): $440
- Players Club open (Players Stand): $390
- Ablett Club open (Ablett Terrace, between fence and walkway): $340

All those prices say "seating prices", but I hoping they will also include the membership component otherwise it seems an extremely hefty price rise for reserved seating.

I also think the club should have provided a 4th option - stay in 2016 relocated seat, but the option wasn't given at that this stage.

Not sure who else here was relocated from the redevelopment section this year, but this afternoon I received the email regarding my membership options for next year.

To give some prospective to the prices, this year (and my previous years sitting Ablett Terrace Bay 2) I have had bronze reserve seating - $340 for adult membership & reserved seat this year, or $125 for the seat on top of the adult "home" membership.

I have been given 3 seating options for next year and this is how the new stand looks it will be priced:
- Social Club; $700 (pay before Dec 1), or $750 (payment after Dec 1)

- Brownlow Club, open seating in level 1, bays 9 & 10; (looks to be the former Ablett Terrace bays 1 - 3 area, and no guarantee of sitting same location as pre-redevelopment) - $500 for seating

- If you wish to move elsewhere in the Stadium:
- Players Club undercover (Players Stand): $440
- Players Club open (Players Stand): $390
- Ablett Club open (Ablett Terrace, between fence and walkway): $340

All those prices say "seating prices", but I hoping they will also include the membership component otherwise it seems an extremely hefty price rise for reserved seating.

I also think the club should have provided a 4th option - stay in 2016 relocated seat, but the option wasn't given at that this stage.
I'm in the same boat. My group has been relocated from the Brownlow stand.

I think this was previously 'Platinum' seating which is $480 this year including membership. Next year it's $500 (open)/$550 (under cover).

I think the proposed pricing you list must also include memberships otherwise it's an exorbitant increase.

I think this was previously 'Platinum' seating which is $480 this year including membership. Next year it's $500 (open)/$550 (under cover).

I think the proposed pricing you list must also include memberships otherwise it's an exorbitant increase.

It does include the "home" membership - I think they either got a lot of questions or someone realised that things might not be so clear ans the following has been added to the options of seats in the Brownlow Club, Players Club and Ablett Club:

Prices are for a standard package, inclusive of a Home (11) membership and seating at Simonds Stadium for 8 home games in 2017. If you are eligible for rebate deductions, discounts or credits, these will be applied to your 2017 Renewal Notice.

So the prices aren't too bad in that case, but like the rest of the redevelopment the seating categories have gone to the more expensive options. I stand by a comment I made pre-redevelopment and that is they need to keep some form of affordable seating and not make everything gold or platinum just because it's new - not everyone will be in a situation of being able to afford price increases for their old seats.

There will always be a cost increase with something new and this is no different.

The important thing for the club is to ensure that the financial status quo can be maintained by those that want it - and the expansion can be enjoyed by those that want to pay for it.

It's a business and new things cost more money. They key is to not alienate the rank and file.

Perhaps instead of an upfront increase a rebate or incentivized commitment of multiple years could be offered.eg. Buy 3 years now at these prices and avoid rate increased over that time and receive a 15-20% discount over the total period.

Glad I don't have to make it work but you get the idea.

Go Catters

The layout of the ground for next season
Finally, looks like the Hickey stand seats get a scoreboard to be able to see

Attachments

• 2017 Simonds Seating - SOCIAL CLUB.pdf
    234.6 KB · Views: 11

I hope you're right and that the membership is included otherwise $700 big ones for a social club membership is horrendous.

I hope you're right and that the membership is included otherwise $700 big ones for a social club membership is horrendous.
In previous seasons it was an add on, used to be something like $300 for membership and $350 for Social Club not sure if it will be the same next year

Edit: The $700/750 includes a Premership membership.

Last edited:
Some info that might prove to be useful:
https://membership.geelongcats.com.au/geelongsocialclub

Here are the T&C's
https://membership.geelongcats.com.au/stage4terms
a few things to note:
  • Due to changes in the design of the new Brownlow Stand, when compared to the previous Brownlow and Jennings Stands, Geelong Cats cannot guarantee your seating location for 2017 will be exactly where it previously was.
  • Geelong Cats
  • A “Priority Group” is a priority to access seating/membership product within the new stand post the stage 4 redevelopment. Priority access is given in the following order:
    • Priority 1: 2015 Social Club members, Brownlow Stand and Ablett Terrace Bay 1- 3 season seat holders who hold a Home or Home & Away membership with equivalent season seating or Social Club package throughout the redevelopment period.
    • Priority 2: 2015 Social Club members, Brownlow Stand and Ablett Terrace Bay 1- 3 season seat holders who choose to relinquish their season seat or Social Club package throughout the redevelopment period but take out a Holding Home or Home & Away Membership throughout the redevelopment period.
    • Priority 3: 2015 Ablett Terrace Bay 4-6 season seat holders who hold a Home or Home & Away membership with or without a season seat throughout the redevelopment period.
    • Priority 4: All other membership categories and general public.
And some FAQ's
https://membership.geelongcats.com.au/brownlowfaqs

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club made an amendment later to say the prices included the 11 game home membership - wasn't clear to start with but adjusted the same day.

Sam you are one poster that seem to be on top of the upgrades.. can you tell me why the stand seems so close to the fence? It almost looks like its 2-3 M too close or the front seats will have to be on a far greater angle or something.

I think it's just an illusion depending on where you see it from

From the premiership stand it looks fine

image.jpeg

The club made an amendment later to say the prices included the 11 game home membership - wasn't clear to start with but adjusted the same day.

Oh okay, so the 2017 social club membership fee of $700/$750 includes the home membership fee? I was thinking it was $700/$750 and an additional $215 or so for the home membership. I was thinking $900+ would be pretty steep.

Does anyone think the new social club will be worth it? I currently have platinum reserve seats in the Hickey stand and am considering leaving them and joining the social club. Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back