News Simonds Stadium Stage 4 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

So apparently the first game is scheduled for for the day after the stand is due to be completed....

No pressure guys :D

Get ready for some OT

So apparently the first game is scheduled for for the day after the stand is due to be completed....

Get ready for some OT
What could possibly go wrong...

Never seen a construction project miss its inception date...

Nope...

not one..

GO Catters

Get ready for some OT
Hope they have the fire trucks ready, didn't the players stand start smoking first time out and BT kept going on and on about it

Get ready for some OT

Different builder and no doubt different techniques but comparing my photo's from yesterday to the same time in construction of Stage 3 they are ahead of schedule by I'd say 3 weeks. Pretty good going with such a wet winter.

Stage 3 first roof section - 6th December 2012
Stage 4 first roof section - 26th October 2016

1st game post completion Stage 3 - 1st June 2013
1st game post completion Stage 4 - 19th May 2017

Different builder and no doubt different techniques but comparing my photo's from yesterday to the same time in construction of Stage 3 they are ahead of schedule by I'd say 3 weeks. Pretty good going with such a wet winter.

Stage 3 first roof section - 6th December 2012
Stage 4 first roof section - 26th October 2016

1st game post completion Stage 3 - 1st June 2013
1st game post completion Stage 4 - 19th May 2017

You have to remember this stage had more modern stands on it before starting, the concrete started being poured alot earlier than last time, I think the foundation work was a lot set up this time this why it has gone it quicker.

You have to remember this stage had more modern stands on it before starting, the concrete started being poured alot earlier than last time, I think the foundation work was a lot set up this time this why it has gone it quicker.

Demolition of the old Wade Stand didn't commence until December either with building commencing after the Xmas period.

It appears that not much happened over the Melbourne Cup long weekend- tradies RDO's.

Pics from yesterday-

20161105_143744_zps8zqz1xgy.jpg

20161105_143810_zpscm2qwd1t.jpg

20161105_144255_zpsvb7ff229.jpg

20161105_144300_zpstedfgaqr.jpg

20161105_144429_zps8uccc2mj.jpg

It appears that not much happened over the Melbourne Cup long weekend- tradies RDO's.

Pics from yesterday-

20161105_143744_zps8zqz1xgy.jpg

20161105_143810_zpscm2qwd1t.jpg

20161105_144255_zpsvb7ff229.jpg

20161105_144429_zps8uccc2mj.jpg
Can't really be shocked by lack of progress over a long weekend.
Australia not really the hive for productivity on cup weekend lol.

Go Catters

The folks in the last bay of the seating in front of the Ford Stand will be hoping that the wind is going to the city end each game or on the outer wing all the time, otherwise they aren't going to be able to see too much when it is up the other end of the ground or on the broadcast wing

The folks in the last bay of the seating in front of the Ford Stand will be hoping that the wind is going to the city end each game or on the outer wing all the time, otherwise they aren't going to be able to see too much when it is up the other end of the ground or on the broadcast wing
Could be an issue if you're tucked up under the staircase below he glass doors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if funding for stage 5 has been approved? I cant wait till that eyesore ford stand is gone once and for all!!

Does anyone know if funding for stage 5 has been approved? I cant wait till that eyesore ford stand is gone once and for all!!

The Club, the Kardinia Park Trust (who now manages the stadium and will be putting any future funding proposals together and managing the projects) and the State have told the Feds that it's time they put their hand in their pocket and will be looking to them for a significant contribution to stage 5.

At this stage I believe there are no concept plans whatsoever and the next Federal election is set for 2019. I would say that 2017/18 will see State fund the planning for stage 5 and if there were to be any major funding announcements I would expect them to be in 2018/19 in the lead up to the next Federal election.

The Club, the Kardinia Park Trust (who now manages the stadium and will be putting any future funding proposals together and managing the projects) and the State have told the Feds that it's time they put their hand in their pocket and will be looking to them for a significant contribution to stage 5.

At this stage I believe there are no concept plans whatsoever and the next Federal election is set for 2019. I would say that 2017/18 will see State fund the planning for stage 5 and if there were to be any major funding announcements I would expect them to be in 2018/19 in the lead up to the next Federal election.
I thought Cook went upto Canberra to lobby for stage 5 could of been mid year if im not mistaken.

I thought Cook went upto Canberra to lobby for stage 5 could of been mid year if im not mistaken.

I don't think it's been recently. It may have been apart of the "Canberra Cats" function when they played GWS earlier in the season.

Stage 5 is not being managed by the football club. The stadium and any future stages of redevelopment will be looked after by the Kardinia Park Trust.

"In a welcome change for the club, the Cats will take more of a back seat in funding negotiations, deferring to the controlling Kardinia Park Stadium Trust."

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...t/news-story/36f8ac38059bf5c6b0aaa0d8c9646832

Will be great once it's done and the money can be passed around developing more local clubs. . . We always get massive state government contributions, and I see why and am happy either how important kp is to the town. Still keen to see other areas developed.

Will be great once it's done and the money can be passed around developing more local clubs. . . We always get massive state government contributions, and I see why and am happy either how important kp is to the town. Still keen to see other areas developed.
Just got to keep finding extra uses for the stadium. It is a great asset for the community but it can't sit idle for so much of the year as it does now. Need to improve the return on the massive investment.

Just got to keep finding extra uses for the stadium. It is a great asset for the community but it can't sit idle for so much of the year as it does now. Need to improve the return on the massive investment.
The fact an international t20 game is being played there is a huge plus... if that can happen every year or even 2nd year along with some other cricket would be fantastic

The fact an international t20 game is being played there is a huge plus... if that can happen every year or even 2nd year along with some other cricket would be fantastic
Was absolutely wrapped when I heard the announcement, but I'm really nervous it's going to be a bust. The test series against India starts 2 days later I think. Hopefully only the test 11 are unavailable and not the whole squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back