News Simonds Stadium Stage 4 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes the ford stand look totally insignificant. Hope they get rid of that

They will..... with the final stage of the redevelopment in about another 18 months to two years.

And in that clip alone, you can see why Drones have put TV cam Chooper pilots out of business.

Looks good but....

GO Catters

And in that clip alone, you can see why Drones have put TV cam Chooper pilots out of business.

Looks good but....

GO Catters
Maybe the former Chooper pilots can become Super Dooper salesmen:p

Was about to post the exact same thing!

I would have thought Simonds would be about a 99% chance to host one of these, with both the stars and renegades having one extra home game.
Would love to see a stars game being a stars man myself, but a renegades match seems most likely/logical.
Yep, it would be crazy if Geelong or Canberra missed out on one of these. No confirmation yet of course, but it seems highly likely based on what's been said today.

I would also like a Stars home game here, but because of the whole West Melbourne thing I believe it's more likely to be Little Brother. I think Finch will push for a 57gades game here anyway, so they will almost certainly get it. Unless both teams choose Geelong and we get two games?

Yep, it would be crazy if Geelong or Canberra missed out on one of these. No confirmation yet of course, but it seems highly likely based on what's been said today.

I would also like a Stars home game here, but because of the whole West Melbourne thing I believe it's more likely to be Little Brother. I think Finch will push for a 57gades game here anyway, so they will almost certainly get it. Unless both teams choose Geelong and we get two games?
I would say if both sides are pushing for a regional game one would go to Geelong and the other to the new eureka stadium in Ballarat that will be up and running this year.

I would say if both sides are pushing for a regional game one would go to Geelong and the other to the new eureka stadium in Ballarat that will be up and running this year.
I did think of that. Probably the most likely scenario, but with Geelong being a candidate for a possible expansion team I wouldn't rule out us getting two. That is assuming both Melbourne teams are planning to play regional home games anyway.

This probably sounds really strange but I'm now looking forward to going to work on Monday just so I can see what the stadium now looks like - from the outside anyway, as the train departs South Geelong, lol.

I've been traveling through America & Canada since Xmas day, and I'm still 4 hours away from my flight to Sydney and then the final leg to Melbourne - so been a while since I've seen Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a thought re the stage 5 redevelopment... given that there is a T20 World Cup in Australia in 2020, and as opposed to the 2015 ODI World Cup it is only Australia hosting not New Zealand as well, would that help the cause to get it done? It has already been flagged as a largely cricket centered redevelopment, and given the tournament is only in Australia they quite possibly need more than the major 6/7 grounds that are currently used, and it would be forseeable that they could choose Geelong to host some lower crowd games. Thoughts?

Just had a thought re the stage 5 redevelopment... given that there is a T20 World Cup in Australia in 2020, and as opposed to the 2015 ODI World Cup it is only Australia hosting not New Zealand as well, would that help the cause to get it done? It has already been flagged as a largely cricket centered redevelopment, and given the tournament is only in Australia they quite possibly need more than the major 6/7 grounds that are currently used, and it would be forseeable that they could choose Geelong to host some lower crowd games. Thoughts?
Can't wait to watch Bermuda take on Ireland. :$

The last World Twenty20 only had six venues so I doubt they are going to be pushing Geelong for that.

The last World Twenty20 only had six venues so I doubt they are going to be pushing Geelong for that.
Not sure. With some of the lesser teams playing the lower capacity grounds look better on TV.
Also with the massive TV audience in a India a lot of cities/towns would be pushing for games for tourism opportunities etc.

Where was this taken from?

A drone I'd assume given the source

A colleague of mine who runs the Melbourne side of our National Drones business was engaged by his client to take it earlier in the week. Would've been an inspire drone at a guess knowing him.

334856_1078e0de92bcb9ade163efb0c3fd9013.jpg

It's beautiful T_T

Thanks NT.Thunder

That's good for the ground, the trust, he City and stage 5 - and the federal funding for it ...

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back