Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of disgusting pea hearts in this thread that wrote the coach and team off a bit too quickly. Time to lock it for good.
As the OP I’ll just state that the thread was never about writing Simpson off. He’s one of the best leaders in the league.

Hopefully he’s standing holding the cup in front of 10,000 murmuring QLD fans shortly.

As the OP I’ll just state that the thread was never about writing Simpson off. He’s one of the best leaders in the league.

Hopefully he’s standing holding the cup in front of 10,000 murmuring QLD fans shortly.
I was referring to the comments in the last week. The original post was relevant for the time - we had some frustrating lessons to be learnt in 2016 and 2017.

Is that dinkum Yamum? What you don't see or hear on the telecast.
Love it, Rowan Jones tips his lid to that move
I cant read simmos mind but it looked like duggo went to ross at every stoppage . There is no other reason to tag ross . He is an average kick but has been doing tagging jobs every week . Highly doubt ross was tagging Duggan

Thats ok Carbine not all of us can know much about football. 😀

Anyone sooking last week got anything to say.
What a win

5th game in 19 days, 4th straight night game in Queensland, facing a team one spot below us on the ladder, missing five of our seven best midfielders among other players, lost our acting captain an three-time AA CHB by halftime, trailed 15-0 early, trailed by more than a goal early in the final term after the Saints kicked three in five minutes. Kicked the last four goals to win.

Anyone who says this team doesn’t have heart or hunger can get ****ed.

5th game in 19 days, 4th straight night game in Queensland, facing a team one spot below us on the ladder, missing five of our seven best midfielders among other players, lost our acting captain an three-time AA CHB by halftime, trailed 15-0 early, trailed by more than a goal early in the final term after the Saints kicked three in five minutes. Kicked the last four goals to win.

Anyone who says this team doesn’t have heart or hunger can get f’ed.

Sounds like all luck to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On 11 wins which is finals for a lot of teams most years.

He is getting close to Malthouse. If we can win another flag he tops him for sure.

We're now on 11 wins this year too - I wonder how many coaches have never had a season below 11 wins for 6 straight seasons since their debut? Maybe Chris Scott?

The team last night certainly did.

Its a good example of how young players energise the team. The young blokes have a crack, all the older blokes lift as we dont have all the guns playing.

Also stepping up are Duggan, Cole and Nelson. All three are hard and it seems this season they are growing into.senior players no longer just a young developing player.

Conditions helped us last night too.

Last edited:
With the players we had out last night we had no right to win the game. So the victory was either the playing group love him and will wall through brick walls, or the gameplan is good enough to win no matter how many soldiers we are down, or a combination of both.

Either way his position at our club shouldn’t even be up for debate. If we win a 2nd flag with him he is easily the best coach our club has ever had.

Ahem. Four time AA.;)

[QUOTE="Obeanie1, post: ]

Conditions helped us last night too.
[/QUOTE]
Glad or prayers for a rainy match were finally answered! We are trash on a dry deck.

Let me preface with I like Adam Simpson a lot. Honestly, I do.

However...
Simmo is just too soft. He is wasting/has wasted the potential of the current group (who should have easily had 3 premierships with the amount of A grade talent).

Wasted in terms of:
- Our painfully predictable game plan
- Total lack of awareness/ urgency to address our ground ball and tackling weaknesses
- Inability to lock ball inside our forward 50
- Inability to put teams away. We always seem to catch up and then fall over the line. Only one convincing win all year - against Collingwood. (The St Kilda win was pretty special too, if only we’d applied that desperation in one or two more games).
- Some truly appalling questionable team selection at times. Eg multiple Brander appearances while Waterman was overlooked. Petrucelle and Ah Chee over Jetta, Schoey. The Ah Chee love in general... Schoey (and maybe Jetta??) not getting a farewell!

This season and in 2019, any time we went i50, opposition waltzed it right out with way too much ease.

We should have definitely gone further in 2019.

2020 with hubs and covid, he gets a slight reprieve. However, he has never adapted our game plan for Queensland. A good team plays well anywhere, period.

And if it is true personal feelings got in the way of team selection / list management (e.g. Jetta, Schoey), that is as unprofessional as a senior coach can get. Not to mention absolutely detrimental to team morale and cohesion.

We will not win another premiership under him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back