Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst part of me wants Simpson to make statement at selection this week, there were just too many players who were useless on the weekend to identify one or two.

If history is anything to go by, it will probably be a younger guy like Xavier O'Neil who gets the axe.

Whilst part of me wants Simpson to make statement at selection this week, there were just too many players who were useless on the weekend to identify one or two.

There's also too many injuries to our best players to make mass changes on top of that while still expecting a win.

There's also too many injuries to our best players to make mass changes on top of that while still expecting a win.

And also a lack of available players in the WAFL.

So if you make mass changes you’re basically playing kids for the sake of it, rather than selecting the 22 with the best chance of winning the game.

Yeah we're in no position to be dropping experienced players given who's already out. If ever there was a time to back the boys in its right now. Maybe give someone like Trew a go instead of Oneill and dropping Vardy for balance purposes (assuming Kennedy is back), but thats as far as I'd be going.

As in drop senior players if under performing regardless if no replacement is ready. Rather risk losing the game but send a message to all the players

I’d rather try to win this game and get the season back on track.

We’ve got Hawthorn (15th) away, Adelaide (9th) at home, GWS (14th) away, Essendon (12th) at home, Carlton (13th) away. Win the derby and we could conceivably be 9-3 by the bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too want to follow the Melbourne/Carlton model of tanking our way to a bright future. Success guaranteed!

PS: Fold your account.
HmmMelbourne’s dip in 2019 helped them get Jackson and Pickett who’ll both be absolute guns for them in future. The original tanking was ****ed, but do you think any of their fans care about 2019 now?

IMO one year of bottoming out is painful at the time, but can be very beneficial to helping a team bounce back compared to 5 seasons around 9th-14th

Not that I think Melbourne tried to finish 17th in 2019

Edit - I’m only half serious about this, as it’s obviously a problematic concept and winning culture is super important

Dont Geelong get our first rounder or something this year? Dont see the benefit in "tanking" if thats the case...
I’d rather try to win this game and get the season back on track.

We’ve got Hawthorn (15th) away, Adelaide (9th) at home, GWS (14th) away, Essendon (12th) at home, Carlton (13th) away. Win the derby and we could conceivably be 9-3 by the bye.
I mean risk losing 1 game in order to send a message to all the players, I don't mean tank every game rest of season. Coaches should have done it vs Collingwood but didn't have the balls to do it, then Geelong game happens much like st kilda game....

Dont Geelong get our first rounder or something this year? Dont see the benefit in "tanking" if thats the case...
Nope. We have our 1st and 2nd round picks, plus Ports 2nd and swapped our 3rd round pick for Sydney’s

The Geelong deal came to an end last year

I mean risk losing 1 game in order to send a message to all the players, I don't mean tank every game rest of season. Coaches should have done it vs Collingwood but didn't have the balls to do it, then Geelong game happens much like st kilda game....

So who would you be scapegoating this week?

Gaff or Cripps, maybe both

Gaff was first in the team in possessions (27, 7 more than anyone else), metres gained, clearances (equal with NicNat), and third in contested possessions behind NicNat and Redden. Only laid two tackles but one of them won a holding the ball free kick.

I don’t think he’s the problem.

Dont Geelong get our first rounder or something this year?

The greedy pricks have already been given more than they should have by us.

They ain't getting anymore.

Gaff was first in the team in possessions (27, 7 more than anyone else), metres gained, clearances (equal with NicNat), and third in contested possessions behind NicNat and Redden. Only laid two tackles but one of them won a holding the ball free kick.

You must have missed him letting go of a tackle which started the rot in 2nd qtr. I don't care about his stats.

The only thing we need to do with Gaff is get him onto the wing where he can do what he is good at which is play outside mid. When you are down some personnel you should not also add to it by playing players where they are least effective.

You must have missed him letting go of a tackle which started the rot in 2nd qtr. I don't care about his stats.

I must have. I was busy calling the game for the podcast.

So despite him being statistically our best player in a number of critical categories, you’re going to blame him for a 97 point loss and drop him, based on one missed tackle. Do you think you’re going far enough? Should we also tar and feather him, or put him in the stocks or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back