Strategy Simulated 2020 AFL Season - Fremantle - Runners Up.

Remove this Banner Ad

KqKeRdt.png

Taylor Allikat dockshark

Hey Haze,

With the AFL season indefinitely suspended, Chief and the guys down at the Sweet FA have decided to run a simulated, 17-round season on the main board of BigFooty using the ok Qooty software designed by the LEGENDARY Mobbs. We want you guys to be a part of the season, put forward your changes each week and help us pick the Fremantle sides.

I know a lot of you guys got on board with this and supported it when we had our qooty tour on this board back in Jan with the blessing of our mods, so a lot of you have had some pretty recent exposure to the program and how it works.

What we are going to do is use real player names and simulate the 17 round AFL season.

Each week there will be 2 rounds, complete with match threads for banter against opposition fans. At this stage it seems these threads will just be in the main board but that may change. At the end, there will be a Brownlow Medallist and Coleman Medallist as well as a Norm Smith Medallist.

The qooty sim is completely random and it's all a bit of fun to tide things over while we're deprived of any real footy.

I have volunteered to be the coach of the Fremantle side. All this means is that I will be the one submitting our team sheet for each round, but I will be looking to you all to help me out with what changes we think need to be made or should be made. For round 1 we will just use the named teams (minus two from the bench, as Qooty only needs 20 players).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Let's try and bring some of the excitement that footy would normally bring in this troubling time.

So, who should be in this weekend? :think:

Match thread here

Let's go Freo!

#Foreverfreo

Last edited:

I have noticed an unsettling move to change this template blurb recently, where the term legendary has been moved from a descriptor of me to one of only the software. My chronic desire for validation dislikes this.
OP amendo!

OP amendo!
Yeah baby!

But seriously guys, if you're struggling for a footy fix, and for something to argue about with opposing fans, hopefully this can take a little of the edge off. A whole raft of folks have been working their butts off to serve this up on the main board. It's their hope that some fun and perhaps even stress relief can ensue.

The opening game against the Crows is listed as being posted on Sunday

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KqKeRdt.png

Taylor Allikat dockshark

Hey Haze,

With the AFL season indefinitely suspended, Chief and the guys down at the Sweet FA have decided to run a simulated, 17-round season on the main board of BigFooty using the ok Qooty software designed by the LEGENDARY Mobbs. We want you guys to be a part of the season, put forward your changes each week and help us pick the Fremantle sides.

I know a lot of you guys got on board with this and supported it when we had our qooty tour on this board back in Jan with the blessing of our mods, so a lot of you have had some pretty recent exposure to the program and how it works.

What we are going to do is use real player names and simulate the 17 round AFL season.

Each week there will be 2 rounds, complete with match threads for banter against opposition fans. At this stage it seems these threads will just be in the main board but that may change. At the end, there will be a Brownlow Medallist and Coleman Medallist as well as a Norm Smith Medallist.

The qooty sim is completely random and it's all a bit of fun to tide things over while we're deprived of any real footy.

I have volunteered to be the coach of the Fremantle side. All this means is that I will be the one submitting our team sheet for each round, but I will be looking to you all to help me out with what changes we think need to be made or should be made. For round 1 we will just use the named teams (minus two from the bench, as Qooty only needs 20 players).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Let's try and bring some of the excitement that footy would normally bring in this troubling time.

So, who should be in this weekend? :think:

Match thread here

Let's go Freo!

#Foreverfreo

I really like what you're trying to do here, but it makes me want to cry. It's just too soon. I'm still stuck on Stage 1: Denial and isolation. Oh wait, the isolation is government imposed. How does one tell? Does that still count? Ah ****, **** it, I'm still in denial.

We're gonna push for a premiership in May when the comp starts back up again. I'm sure of it.

Damn the SFA is getting a boost out of this. If I didn’t know better, I’d have my suspicions about the origin of the virus 🤔
The single page of this thread betrays your theory.

I really like what you're trying to do here, but it makes me want to cry. It's just too soon. I'm still stuck on Stage 1: Denial and isolation. Oh wait, the isolation is government imposed. How does one tell? Does that still count? Ah ****, **** it, I'm still in denial.

We're gonna push for a premiership in May when the comp starts back up again. I'm sure of it.
Yeah look I'm with you man.

I guess we'll just see how this goes. Might give people a bit of a laugh and we can get around 'the boys' until the season actually kicks off again.

What's this board without a changes s**t fight every week?

Step 1 will be to sort out our lineup. We've got McCarthy on the ball ffs!

Our e-S&C team is better than Weber, so we should have a full strength team on the park next week. No TBAs here.

The question remains though..do we play youth?

Step 1 will be to sort out our lineup. We've got McCarthy on the ball ffs!

Our e-S&C team is better than Weber, so we should have a full strength team on the park next week. No TBAs here.

The question remains though..do we play youth?
Agreed™

My round 2 suggestion:

B: Wilson - Hamling - Logue
HB: Ryan - Pearce - Young
C: Aish - Brayshaw - Acres
HF: Mundy - Taberner - Tucker
F: Sturt - Hogan - Schultz
R: Lobb - Fyfe - Walters
I: Cerra - Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

Back