Competitions Simulated AFL Season - Richmond Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Hello all,

With the unfortunate but necessary postponement of the AFL season for at least 60 days, it's been decided that we will run a simulated AFL season using the Qooty program created by the legendary Mobbs.
If you are familiar with the Sweet FA, which has had a few Tour games here, then you will know what this program is. If not, then please have a gander at the thread posted on the main board by SFA league Admin Ant Bear:

As a tl;dr, Qooty is a completely random football simulator. What we are going to do is use real player names and simulate the 17 round AFL season.
Each week there will be 2 rounds, complete with match threads for banter against opposition fans. At this stage it seems these threads will just be in the main board but that may change.
At the end, there will be a Brownlow Medallist and Coleman Medallist as well as a Norm Smith medallist.

I have volunteered to be the “coach” of the
Richmond side. All this means is that I will be the one submitting our team sheet for each round, but I will be looking to you all to help me out with what changes we think need to be made or should be made.

For round 1 we will just use the named teams (minus two from the bench, as Qooty only needs 20 players).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Let's try and bring some of the excitement that footy would normally bring in this troubling time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For shits and giggles, imagine the saltiness across Bigfooty if they see his name in the play by play description :tearsofjoy:

2Qtr 13mins: "Free kick to Rance after getting pushed in the back by Franklin"
This, we have to play him, just for all the melts.

I can announce that NaturalDisaster has refused to take a pay cut and has been let go.

The role of Richmond coach is vacant. Sterge, this is right up your alley!

The basic role of each is to name the teams for each game. There will be games starting this Sunday; the threads are already up on the MB, and I will link them into my next post in here, and then, from next week there will be two games per week, on Wednesdays and Sundays, so it will be busy. A fixture will also be in my next post. Unlike the SFA, there will be no penalties for incorrect naming of teams. The initial teams are posted in the threads, these were determined by the real AFL round 1 selections minus the final 2 interchanges.

The other role that the organising group have chatted about is for the home captains to be responsible for starting the threads on the Main Board. Wooshette has asked Chief for an e-AFL prefix; for now, they are under the Preview prefix. These threads will need to be started on Mondays and Thursdays - as the home captain will be responsible, sometimes you might have to do it twice a week, some weeks none. Check the fixture, and I'll try to remind you all for the first few rounds as well.

I can announce that NaturalDisaster has refused to take a pay cut and has been let go.

The role of Richmond coach is vacant. Sterge, this is right up your alley!

The basic role of each is to name the teams for each game. There will be games starting this Sunday; the threads are already up on the MB, and I will link them into my next post in here, and then, from next week there will be two games per week, on Wednesdays and Sundays, so it will be busy. A fixture will also be in my next post. Unlike the SFA, there will be no penalties for incorrect naming of teams. The initial teams are posted in the threads, these were determined by the real AFL round 1 selections minus the final 2 interchanges.

The other role that the organising group have chatted about is for the home captains to be responsible for starting the threads on the Main Board. Wooshette has asked Chief for an e-AFL prefix; for now, they are under the Preview prefix. These threads will need to be started on Mondays and Thursdays - as the home captain will be responsible, sometimes you might have to do it twice a week, some weeks none. Check the fixture, and I'll try to remind you all for the first few rounds as well.

Only if i can name teams purely to enrage the Richmond board

Only if i can name teams purely to enrage the Richmond board
You make a mess, you get to clean it up!

How are you, mate? Long time, no chat.

i'm good mate, waiting to see if I will still have a job. How are you?
Job, no work. Putting my hand out for free money.

You want to do this coaching gig?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back