Competitions Simulated AFL Season - Richmond Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m in.

To other Richmond posters who haven’t heard of or tried SFA it is great.

Each week a banter thread is posted for each game on the SFA board. Players from both teams slag each other off just like in a normal banter thread.

About half way through the week the coach of each team posts the team sheet with posters names in different positions - FP: Cactus_ FF: U2Tigers. That sort of thing.

Then at the end of the week, usually Saturday or Sunday arvo, the simulation is run and a computer spits out several pages of hilarious football commentary as the game is simulated. Players have no direct control over the game. The results are supposedly random.

Results are posted. Ladder is adjusted. Slagging of other teams continues.

Good fun if you’re juvenile enough to enjoy that sort of thing (I clearly am). Sign up!

TJASTA

❄︎□︎⌧︎♓︎♍︎ 👌︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎
Sep 3, 2016
Jack Graham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Furies
I’m in.

To other Richmond posters who haven’t heard of or tried SFA it is great.

Each week a banter thread is posted for each game on the SFA board. Players from both teams slag each other off just like in a normal banter thread.

About half way through the week the coach of each team posts the team sheet with posters names in different positions - FP: Cactus_ FF: U2Tigers. That sort of thing.

Then at the end of the week, usually Saturday or Sunday arvo, the simulation is run and a computer spits out several pages of hilarious football commentary as the game is simulated. Players have no direct control over the game. The results are supposedly random.

Results are posted. Ladder is adjusted. Slagging of other teams continues.

Good fun if you’re juvenile enough to enjoy that sort of thing (I clearly am). Sign up!
stfu

First e-AFL game for the Richmond Tigers has been moved up in the order and will now be posted as a PRIMETIME BLOCKBUSTER FRIDAY NIGHT GAME

Why didn't it follow the actual fixture?

Also why didn't i get to name a team
Wow, you have literally morphed into _Cayz_!

:p

Do you want to be added to the Coaches table?

Wow, you have literally morphed into _Cayz_!

:p

Do you want to be added to the Coaches table?

I'm not going to read things

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
I'm not going to read things
Not sure about fixture, except to say, we only play every team once, so the AFL fixture wouldn't have worked.

Regarding making changes, you get to do that from Round 2. They used actual team sheets for round 1 of this comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
First e-AFL game for the Richmond Tigers has been moved up in the order and will now be posted as a PRIMETIME BLOCKBUSTER FRIDAY NIGHT GAME

28th?!

That doesn’t leave all that much sledging time ...

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
If we lose Rd 1, Sterge.......................................
NEU-truck-slider-June-2020.jpg

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
I'm not wasting my time waiting a whole week to watch us lose, we should be making these players virtually play twice a week.

I'm not wasting my time waiting a whole week to watch us lose, we should be making these players virtually play twice a week.
You saved time not watching your team lose. Hawks now on top of the ladder.

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

Round 2 Team the way we name teams is really annoying, will take a few weeks to fix it

Richmond Tigers Official Team Sheet Round 2 vs ?

B: N Broad - D Grimes - N Vlaustin

HB: J Short - A Rance - L Baker

C: J Caddy - D Prestia - J Graham

HF: S Bolton - S Edwards - K Lambert

F: S Stack - T Lynch - J Riewoldt

Foll: I Soldo - T Cotchin - D Martin

INT: D Rioli - T Nankervis

Changes
A Rance Out - CHB
N Vlaustin CHB - BP
D Astbury BP - Out
D Martin FF - Ro
T Lynch FP - FF
K Lambert Ro - HFF
J Castagna HFF - Out
S Stack Out - FP

View attachment 849489

Match Preview: Can the Crows have 2017 redemption?

Adelaide Oval will be full of buzz on Wednesday evening when the Crows host the Tigers in what shall feature many of the games greatest players with the likes of Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt vs Sloane, Walker & Talia. Adelaide under new coach haydo last week were relentless with the ball and smashed the Dockers around the ground winning by 55 points. Lachlan Murphy was a standout up forward for the Crows kicking a career high 5 goals and ruckman Riley Obrien was arguably best on ground with 15 hitouts, 19 disposals and 3 goals to his name showing his hard work over the summer being put on for show.

For the Tigers, round 1 kicked off with loss to the Hawks at the MCG losing by 11 points in the primetime contest of the round. Credit to the Hawks as they didn't allow the Tigers forward half much of the ball and it came down to midfielder Kane Lambert (3 goals) to keep the Tigers in the game. Dion Prestia (20 disposals) and Josh Caddy (16 disposals) were the Tigers best in a match where they saw their big ruckman Toby Nankervis have 0 disposals during the game.

The Tigers can't afford to lose this contest against the Crows otherwise their premiership defence could be off to a rocky start and in a 17-game season, you don't want to start 0-2 whilst the home side could possibly be 2-0 after the round in what seemed impossible after the off-season the Crows have had since the end of S2019.

What it means for the Crows: Another big scalp of the Tigers on Wednesday will see the Crows maintain an undefeated start to S20. After a squad clean out after last season, it'll give the youngsters more game-time in a developing Crows side.

What it means for the Tigers: A loss here to the Crows will have the Tigers chasing in such a short season. Their premiership defence will take a big hit if they can't get past the Crows this week.

The Match-up: Rory Sloane vs Jack Graham - We expect the Crows captain to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder since the 2017 Grand Final after the youngster from Tiger land really dominated on the big stage after the first half to run away with his team to win the AFL Grand Final. Sloane kicked 2 goals in the first 30 minutes on the day, but it was Graham and his Tigers that had the last laugh on the day.

Prediction: Tigers by 13pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back