Competition Sin City Swamprats SFA team needs a new logo/jumper redesign

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello, good people of the FJ/GD Board.

I have just been elected captain if the SFA team Sin City Swamprats, partly on a platform of revamping the club logo and jumper. Unfortunately, my team is mainly unemployed alcoholic high-school dropouts from last century, and it has been suggested that we request assistance from you clever folk.

Firstly, we are looking for a design for a new logo. This is our current logo...
seUrWwS.png

We have scoured the interwebs, and have found a logo that we really like...
...but it is from a NHL expansion franchise bid, and as such is subject to copyright. But it may give you an idea of what we are looking for.
We like the classy rat with the fedora; maybe if some eye detail were added, colours changed to fit in with our new guernsey (see below) or a body were added? Perhaps within a circular frame, with the club name wrapped around? Or just come up with your own design...We will consider all designs, and vote as a team for our favourite. We will, of course, acknowledge the creator at the unveiling and in our history thread, and offer free fantasy beer for lyfe to the winning designer.

The second component of our request is this.
Our team has also been discussing a redesign of our guernsey. We want to add a colour to the jumper, and the consensus is either red or silver. It is also necessary to add the new SFA logo to the jumper.

These are our current guernseys.
Home Kit
4mRWV5F.png

Away Kit
lP8M9bd.png

Essentially, we were originally the Port board representative team, but like most SFA teams, we have interbred now and are a mixture of many different AFL supporter bases. We are proud of our heritage, and want to keep basically the same design, but are debating adding a third, minor, colour to the kit. The main consensus is a deep red, not quite burgundy, but there is some thought that silver may work as well.
The ideas are to:
  • Change the white chevrons on the home strip to a deep red, similar to the FERAL badge on them
  • Change the black chevrons on the away kit to the deep red
  • Add red trim to the socks of both kits
  • Change the white trims around the neck and arms to the same red
  • Dispense with the camouflage pattern on the front of both the home and away kits
  • Add the new SFA logo to jumper and shorts
  • And then to compare, we'd like to see how they look with a silver instead of the red.

The other thing to consider iis that the SFA has just in the last week, been presented with a new logo by FJ/GD star fancyscum which needs to be incorporated into the kits in place of the old SFA logo.

These are the new SFA logos in team colours, as provided to the league by fancyscum. With the additional colour to our trim, there may need to be some minor changes made to the Swamprats one.

We really would appreciate all ideas, and will look at and debate all conceptual designs. Please PM me if you have any further questions, or have a look at our history thread HERE

If you could please let me know ASAP if you are willing and/or able to help us out, as I have to unveil the new branding before the end of July.

Much appreciated,
AB

Cloud_ Dingster Grav sportsmaniac89 (My fabulous LG assistants)

and as such is subject to copyright
Most current Sweet FA logos are ripped off something, as long as you don't intend to make a profit, you'll certainly be fine.

I won't make a logo, I'm pretty bad at that and it should be left to someone who is better. However, here is the home with the edits you wanted. I'll make the away variants soon.
View attachment 392285View attachment 392287
Top one is very reminiscent of the Pirates design I was going to go with for this year's NAFL:D.

I better get back to the drawing board.

1. Revert back to the Alberton Swamprats
2. Black and White prisonbars jumper
3. And MannumPower as your logo / mascot

/thread
I do not think that you understand the concept of moving forwards

It looks like the jumpers are sorted.
Here's a logo I put together

Swamprats.png

Yes, Clarendon font, as used here, is the same as CUB use on beer labels.
That's where you've seen it before.
Thanks, Mero

If anyone else is working on something, if at all possible I'd like to take the ideas back to the team by Thursday next week. So far, we have 4 logo designs to choose from. We're pretty happy with the Guernsey colour change, Fizzler :thumbsu:

We have scoured the interwebs, and have found a logo that we really like...
...but it is from a NHL expansion franchise bid, and as such is subject to copyright. But it may give you an idea of what we are looking for.sportsmaniac89 (My fabulous LG assistants)
I’ll have a go at it...
If I use my creative commons licence, than maybe you can use that logo

I’ll have a go at it...
If I use my creative commons licence, than maybe you can use that logo
Thank you, Norm. I always knew you were too good for the Warriors! ;)

If it helps, we've fallen hard for the NHL logo in the OP, but with some alterations We like both the red and silver as additional colours.

Appreciate any efforts, though.:thumbsu:

If it helps, we've fallen hard for the NHL logo in the OP, but with some alterations We like both the red and silver as additional colours.

MBD have asked for one of my jumpers as a pre-seasońclash kit, but I did not get the nod for the primary rebrand...

Love how your history thread is formatted, btw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it is from a NHL expansion franchise bid

This is not from an NHL expansion franchise bid. If you actually read the article, you'll see that the entire thing is hypothetical.

and as such is subject to copyright

Anyone else's work is their own intellectual property and therefore subject to copyright.

Why don't you just contact the artist specified in the article and ask if you can use it?

This is not from an NHL expansion franchise bid. If you actually read the article, you'll see that the entire thing is hypothetical.

Anyone else's work is their own intellectual property and therefore subject to copyright.

Why don't you just contact the artist specified in the article and ask if you can use it?
TY for that. Sets our minds at ease some, should we choose to use it or a derivative.

It’s not perfect, but it’s certainly a start. If anyone likes this to the point that someone else should enhance it, it can be done so long as I am attributed as the origin of it (through the creative commons licence)...

Last edited:
It’s not perfect, but it’s certainly a start. If anyone likes this to the point that someone else should enhance it, it can be done so long as I am attributed as the origin of it (through the creative commons licence)...

Thanks, Norm. We'll put it to the vote, along with some others that have been made up both here and within the team. Appreciate your help

reminds me of

1464849951203.jpg
It's better paper to digital than trying to do the image from scratch solely on digital for me.
Thanks, Norm. We'll put it to the vote, along with some others that have been made up both here and within the team. Appreciate your help
Glad the team is making efforts too. I will try to have my jumpers in over the next couple days.

I am loathe to even comment on anything SFA but this is a really boring decision.

You're literally LARPing a football club, the least you should do is have a logo that is yours and yours alone to actually build some tradition around, even if it's not as slick as something professionally designed for a professional sports team.

I am loathe to even comment on anything SFA but this is a really boring decision.

You're literally LARPing a football club, the least you should do is have a logo that is yours and yours alone to actually build some tradition around, even if it's not as slick as something professionally designed for a professional sports team.
Regardless, we have a number of options now to discuss, and the entire team can express their opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back