Universal Love Since 2007 - nine preliminary final appearances and nine top 2 finishes

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't seem like you get it then.
In your opinion.

There will be plenty of time to debate this topic in month to come if you want .. for tonight all I will say is I can only talk from where my opinion is .. and to get to the finals each year and play like W1... total waste of time , a mass delusion of competitiveness. To win a game like last week ..our best final in several years ..it makes the dour football thru the year more worth it. Win or lose tonight and play like we did last week is far more satisfying to me..
Others will see it differnt to me that fine .. not all will agree.

In your opinion.

There will be plenty of time to debate this topic in month to come if you want .. for tonight all I will say is I can only talk from where my opinion is .. and to get to the finals each year and play like W1... total waste of time , a mass delusion of competitiveness. To win a game like last week ..our best final in several years ..it makes the dour football thru the year more worth it. Win or lose tonight and play like we did last week is far more satisfying to me..
The fact you think the post was about my opinion shows you don’t get it.

In your opinion.

I don't see you as one of the 'extremists', Turbocat. I always find you evenhanded in your comments, and that sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Go Cats!

Don’t waste your time. Too many unrealistic “only winning the flag is good enough” types who will shout down any other ethos.

They don’t get how petulant they sound when every year that’s not a flag results in sooking.
How am I sooking? My feet are on the ground, and I do not tolerate being told how I should think about anything. This last quarter is a prime example of Geelong thinking about Mad Monday before they’re due, just another year where we underperformed because of importing players for a game plan that has been found out

It’s hard to swallow this one because we were so close making the GF, especially how well we played in the 1st half, but I reckon the boys tried their best which it’s all that matters. Its always a long shot tonight without Hawkins, Rohan and Duncan. It’s a relatively successful season considering how bad we were belted last year. We should be in for one more season with Hawkins and Selwood the last hurrah, and Danger + Duncan still at their prime. Ablett and Taylor will be gone so we need guys like Narkle and Constable to step up. Let’s give the team and coach one more chance.

It’s hard to swallow this one because we were so close making the GF, especially how well we played in the 1st half, but I reckon the boys tried their best which it’s all that matters. Its always a long shot tonight without Hawkins, Rohan and Duncan. It’s a relatively successful season considering how bad we were belted last year. We should be in for one more season with Hawkins and Selwood the last hurrah, and Danger + Duncan still at their prime. Ablett and Taylor will be gone so we need guys like Narkle and Constable to step up. Let’s give the team and coach one more chance.
He’s had more than enough....

They say history doesnt repeat....and thats fair enough.. but tell me its not giving it a fair shake..

1989 - GF Loss
1992 - GF Loss
1994 - GF Loss
1995 - GF Loss

1999 - near Armageddon.

7 years span of GF appearances and then 4 years later almost oblivion and then 8 years later the Promised land 3 times in 5 years.

2013 - PF Loss
2016 - PF Loss
2017 - PF Loss
2019 - PF Loss

7 years span of PF appearances and then 4 years of...... ( TBC)...

CLearly different league and differnt times... but eerily similiar. If ever past performences dont indicate future results... this is it..

But we just cant crest that last hill currently.

Its a fair effrot to get there as frequently has been done... but still... the next step has to be made at some point surely.

GO Catters

Are we really celebrating making finals now.... FML we have gone backwards lol
We're celebrating finishing 1st and not going out in straight sets. Not getting the worst possible outcome from that point is now cause for celebration.

4 top 2 finishes, 5 top 4 finishes. 0 grand finals.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back