Not open for further replies.

Karl Pilkington

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know how instrumental the Collingwood FC was in giving Liam Jurrah his first taste of AFL, and largely because of a coterie group and Rupert taking an interest in the lad.

All I can say is, we may have sucked tonight, but our best player was a first gamer 20 year old, who lacks endurance, but my god, teh skills he put on display were just breathtaking and it the feeling at the ground every time he went near the ball... amazing. One of the most skilled players I've ever seen in the AFL.... and this is after watching him in one game. Watching him leap onto peoples backs (but not using his knee, using his feet!) or flying at the ball form 5 metres away to punch, or just his subl;ime kicking action... well, its been a hard year but this was my favourite game even though we played much worse than usual.

Anyway...

I know you guys weren't interested in drafting him, and I'm not here to rub salt into the wounds, I just want to say thanks because I reckon this kid is going to be an absolute superstar and Collingwood (especially the supporters and the Industrial Magpies coterie group) deserve some credit if it happens.

p.s. Possibly the best 'first goal' of any player in the history of the AFL, was amazing how berserk teh crowd went for him, Essendon fans as well.

Its nice to have an opposition supporter on our board being sincere and not trolling us for a change.

Good on ya KP.

I know you guys weren't interested in drafting him, and I'm not here to rub salt into the wounds, I just want to say thanks because I reckon this kid is going to be an absolute superstar and Collingwood (especially the supporters and the Industrial Magpies coterie group) deserve some credit if it happens.
It sounds like that's exactly what you're here for.

I don't know exactly how a supporter of the consecutive wooden spooners can rub salt into the (non-existant) wounds of a team knocking on the door of the Top 4.

Anyway, this is a post, and not a discussion, so I'm locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back